1.3

Andy was stressed, more than stressed. Her night of sleep was terrible and filled with nightmares. She barely got a wink in. At around 7am, she grew tired of it and got up to get ready for the day.

As she was showering, she started thinking about what to say. Was she going to tell her dad? Probably not because he would murder them immediately. What could she do? Nothing. The school would call her a liar and not do anything and her dad would just murder so there was no option.

Leaving the apartment, she had no clue where she was going. But instead, she ran into Carmen.

"Hey there, are you okay?" Carmen smiled.

"I'm okay..." She could detect the lie from a mile away.

"Miguel is inside, if you wanna go see him? He'd love to see you." Carmen pointed towards her door.

"No that's okay, I'm actually on my way to a friends." She suddenly made the decision to go to Demetri's, remembering his and Eli's plan for a sleepover after the dance.

"Why don't I drive you and you can tell me everything about last night."

And that's when she broke. The reminder just made her break. She needed someone in that moment and the moment those tears came Carmen held her. She felt loved, she felt safe in her arms. She felt like she had a mom.

"What happened Sweetheart?"

"He-he touched me."

"Your dad?!"

"Nono, the boys who hurt Miggy." Carmen sighed.

"I'm so sorry hun, is there anything I can do?"

"No, just don't let go please."

"I'm not trust me."

The two woman stood for almost 10 minutes, Andy crying and Carmen comforting. Carmen understood that in that moment, the girl needed a mother and she was the closest thing to that.

After their hug fest, Carmen drove Andy to Demetri's.

"Hey, if you ever need to talk you know I'm here. My door is always open to you," Carmen smiled at the girl who climbed out.

"Thank you Carmen, so much." The woman nodded as Andy approached the household, knocking lightly.

After Demetri's mom let her in and to his room, she found both her friends still sleeping but both stirred as the bedroom door opened and shut.

"Go away mom."

"I'm not your mom." They ended up shooting up at her voice.

"Hey A, you okay? We didn't see you after the locker room thing." Demetri asked. 

"What happened?" Eli added.

"Uh, I found the guys, they completely beat the shit out of Miguel, and uh I tried to defend him but it didn't work out so well. Long story short, Miguel is no longer allowed to do Karate and I'm in need of my best friends."

"Okay yeah, Uh, let us get dressed and we'll head to school," Demetri and Eli took turns in the bathroom before they were ready to go.

The whole way to school, Andy was allowed to rant about what happened the night before. Eli held her hand and Demetri offered comments that made her laugh.

"Thank you both, where would I be without you?" Wrapping an arm around her friends, Andy hugged them both tightly as they kept walking.

Later on in the day, Andy was walking down the hall when she saw him, Miguel. She thought she could successfully dodge him but not this time as it was too late.