late night.

━━  january 13th, 2018.
for once, she wanted to take a risk.
she wanted to let herself fall.

NOTES BEFORE WE START: the song that starts playing later in the story is 'two less lonely people in the world' by air supply. for an added experience, it might be nice to listen when the lyrics start so you can mentally act out the scene better lol.

if you do, the lyrics might go by a little fast for the story, so you can try to read it first and then play it later for the effect (cause that's what i did haha) anyways, enjoy!

    "OH OH OH! this is my favorite part of the entire movie!" shouted a very excited min.

jimin didn't understand what was going on. he didn't understand why these kids had to go to some scary, abandoned house. he didn't understand why they had to descend down a well to an even scarier underground basement area, or why the kids were about to fight an ancient, shapeshifting clown. he didn't even understand why the movie she picked had to be scary. he grimaced at the scene, bringing his attention to the walls, the books on the shelf, anything but the tv screen, not being able to watch as these 13 year olds kept getting too on the verge of death for comfort. he wanted nothing more than to turn off the movie and just switch it to a kdrama.

    but he wouldn't dare tell min that, not when he saw the way she went on and on about her favorite movie so passionately, watching the movie like it was her first time. he smiled at her, forgetting about the movie for a while. he chased for those moments, when she would be so lost in her own world of fantasies that she would forget about the rest of the world around her.

much to their delight, after their first formal meeting at namjoon's birthday, they'd formed quite a strong bond. despite their busy schedules, they always tried to make time for each other. they texted and met up at their buildings and dorms quiet often, it was a miracle that they hadn't been caught by fans or dispatch. unbeknownst to her knowledge, in these four months of their friendship, his feelings for the other had grown stronger.

"welcome to the losers club, asshole!" min and the boy with glasses onscreen cried in sync.

jimin had stopped staring at the screen and focused on min instead. he watched as her face contorted accordingly to the scene, her little gasps and jumps, how she laughed when the clown threw up on one of the kids. how she would snuggle into him just a little bit more when characters would get too close to dying again. he was content with the way they had gotten closer just within the span of a few months, over the moon about it, actually. he would have never thought he'd even get to meet her, so the fact that he could call her one of his closest friends overjoyed him. but still, a part of him couldn't help but long for something deeper, a relationship more personal, with min.