soompi i. 180723

UPDATED: Soloist Min and BTS' Park Jimin Are Confirmed to Be Dating

July 23rd, 2018      by C. Hong
━━━━━━━━━━

A new couple has been revealed, and this time it wasn't thanks to Dispatch!

Yesterday, on July 22nd, 2018, soloist Min released the song and music video for her single "Dream of You". In the music video, Min sings suggestive lyrics as the romantic and sexual tension between her and her love interest increases. Throughout most of the music video, the identity of Min's love interest was kept a secret, keeping the viewer in suspense as to who it was and if their identity would ever be revealed. It wasn't until the song reached the end of the bridge when we finally found out who was playing the role: Park Jimin of BTS, who is scheduled to have his "Love Yourself: Answer" comeback in August.

The internet exploded at this revelation, the official music video is currently #1 on the Trending Page, the song is set to chart the Melon Music Chart, Billboard's K-Pop and Global Hot 100, and the hashtag #2minisreal has been trending since the music video was posted. Many started jumping to conclusions and wondered if they were dating. Both companies and artists stayed silent, leaving everything in the air and questions unanswered.

Then, this morning, Big Hit Entertainment and Stone Music Entertainment came out with official statements confirming their relationship status:

"Hello, this is Big Hit Entertainment. We would like to respond to the rumors surrounding our artist Park Jimin and soloist Jeon Eunbyul. We can confirm that the two are romantically linked. They have both asked for this aspect of their lives to be kept private and for your support. Thank you."

"Our artist, Min, and Big Hit Ent.'s Park Jimin are indeed dating. They have been seeing each other as of January 2018. They are thankful that they had the opportunity to be able to tell you themselves, and only ask that you continue to support them. Any harassment or threats towards our idols will not be taken lightly and we will pursue legal action. Thank you.