filter.

━━ november 12, 2017.
which me do you want?

    WAS IT A DATE? Jimin wouldn't be so quick to call it one

This morning, Min surprised Jimin when she got to their dorm, greeted him briefly, sat on his sofa, and pulled out her phone. She's been staring at her screen for the past hour.

Min wouldn't even look at him. It stunned him enough into silence, and since then, it's how they've been sitting.

They used to ramble on and on about anything for literal hours. They'd watch movies but talk through them the entire time. They'd share gossip and let each other in on little idol-industry secrets that no one else would understand. Looking at her now, did she simply not have the energy to put in the slightest effort into impressing him in the same way he'd put on his favorite shirt for her? Was this a sign of boredom? Jimin couldn't tell.

Neither could he tell why he was getting so worked up over this.

    It's not the first time he's asked himself this either. But if Jimin were to call this a date, then the times they'd hung out before would be considered honeymoons.

Often times, Jimin saw Min as some sort of a fable. This was a woman whose music he's listened to since he was eighteen. Now, at twenty-two, he'd kill to see how that version of himself would react to the very woman sitting in their dorm room. The woman, who writes actual poetry, sonnets, and ballads on regular printer paper; breathes life into any song she sings; personifies water when she dances, is sitting in his living room. And she looks bored out of her mind.

The most interesting person in the world. Is bored out of her mind.

She's right there. Not even a foot away from him. Yet it feels like he's watching her behind a screen, which is a feeling he's all too familiar with.

Jimin plops his head down onto the headrest. He watches her, almost studies her movements for a while. He studies the way she blinks rapidly or frowns at certain things on her screen. There has to be a way to get her to want to talk to him. He can be cool. He can be cool for her.

"Watchu up to?" his voice cracks.

What.

Eyes still on her phone, Min lets out the smallest "huh?" noise. He watches the corner of her lip quiver into a smile.

What in the world was he even going for here.

Like the persistent idiot he is, he clears his voice and says, "what are you doing?"

Min finally — finally — looks at Jimin. Her eyes train on his and skim his hair, casually digging at his heart, before she says, "nothing."