soompi iv. 210710

Soloist Min's Home Address is Leaked in an Unexpected Onslaught of Hate and Slander Just Days Before her Birthday

July 10th, 2021 by S. Kim
━━━━━━━━━━

And, what's worse: it may have been planned for months.

A reported thousands of accounts spammed various social media apps this morning with disturbing messages and threats, all aimed towards degrading soloist Jeon Eunbyul, known by her stage name Min. They came in hoards, each message saying something graphic and/or disturbing. Most of the slander was directed towards the artist's reported weight gain since her album HEADLINES's release in early 2019.

In case you are unaware, after Min returned from her hiatus late 2018, netizens were quick to point out that she'd gained a bit of weight, saying the abs she'd once had had flattened into a "bit of a bump". They'd gone unnoticed for the most part, until today. These accounts brought it back to light, claiming that she'd "really let herself go", "isn't putting in the same effort as she did before", and that "Min got lazy since headlines".

These same accounts all also pushed on the idea what she is using the hate as an excuse to "act reckless and careless" present day, and that she was faking being hurt the entire three month hiatus. They even go so far as to claim that she uses people in her life, with one user claiming, "[Min] just uses our Jimin for fame", and that "she never treats him kindly and its clear she only hurts his feelings with her 'humor'". Min has been in a public relationship with Jimin of BTS as of January 2018.

On Twitter, users reported they had difficulty using the app without seeing what seemed like spam bots come up every time they refreshed their feed, even after blocking several accounts at a time. The sudden rate at which these comments occurred had led fans to believe this may had been planned; but what happened next only instilled that belief.

A user, who's account has been deleted since posting, released images of the soloist exiting and leaving an apartment over the course of multiple days. Disturbingly, in each picture, the artist's address was very clearly seen. But in case that somehow wasn't enough, the user had also typed out the address in every post, as well as what'd she'd done during her outing. The tweets were liked and shared by hundreds of accounts, before being taken down. There is currently being an investigation done towards figuring out who ran the account.