i love you, i love you, i love you.

━━ march 11, 2021.
maybe one day, when the stars align,
we can meet again.

NOTES BEFORE WE START: pretend for a second that parks don't close after dark, because i cannot for the life of me think of a different place for her to go without this chapter making sense 😃 thank you, and i apologize for everything in this chapter in advance. enjoy this sort-of continuation of the last chapter.

    THE RUBBLE AND PEBBLES THAT LAY on the pavement let out loud crunches, ground into the concrete, as the wheels of a slick, black car drove up along the sidewalk

THE RUBBLE AND PEBBLES THAT LAY on the pavement let out loud crunches, ground into the concrete, as the wheels of a slick, black car drove up along the sidewalk. The headlights flashed briefly before turning off, parking a few seconds later.

    Unlocking the doors, the driver of the car let out a small sigh as he looked over to the passenger seat. In that seat, was a woman who sat anxiously. A woman who had been silent the entire journey to their destination, lost enough in her thoughts to not have even realized they had arrived.

"Eun," the man began, speaking softly, "We're here, angel."

    Blinking softly, Min looked up at her boyfriend, who was smiling at her with a gentle look in his eyes. Min looked out the car window, her eyes darting around the park the two currently sat at.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Jimin asked her. Min shook her head.

"No, it's alright," she assured him, smiling gently, "I want to do this alone." Min took off her seatbelt, looking at Jimin one final time, grabbing a hold of his hand. "I'll be right back."

    "You promise you'll be alright?"

    Min smiled, appreciating his concern. "Yes, I'll be careful."

    Jimin nodded, mostly to himself. "Take as much time as you need," he mumbled, planting a small kiss onto the back of her hand, before letting it go. His eyes never left hers as Min pulled the handle to the car door open, slowly letting herself out.

    Pulling her mask closer to her nose, she made her way further into the park. She was slightly shocked and relieved to see she wasn't the only one who decided to take a late evening stroll at the park. There were families; the adults cooking at grills, the children playing around. Couples walked hand in hand, while others laid in the grass. She figured it kind of made sense; the Sun had set, and the stars always looked so pretty at this time.

    Her heart seemed to match the slow steps she took. A sudden gust of wind flew right past Min, causing her to shiver slightly, pulling her jacket tighter around her delicate body. She made her way towards a certain tree, one that was sort of isolated from the rest. One that she remembered from her childhood, when her family visited this park before. She smiled in nostalgia at the sight of it, just as big and full of life as before.