16

Saya was grunting in pain, lying on the ground she took out an injection and inject herself. The minion walked towards her with an intent to finish her off. Saya got up from the ground, still bleeding, but she had a glow in her eyes. Saya injected herself with the serum which increase her strength beyond her limits, she was now more powerful and faster than before, but the affects only last half hour. It was her trump card against the unified minions. She attacked the minion and landed many hits on its body, the minion screamed as it advanced to attack her, Saya dodged the attack and thrusted her swords towards the minion’s chest, the minion blocked it with its claws, Saya pushed with all her might and managed to cut a claw of the demon. The demon screamed, as it pushed her back. The minion attacked her by jumping and attacking her from above, Saya while dodging received another hit on her back. The serum allowed her to feel no pain at the moment but the damage was still inflicted on her. She advanced again and attacking the minion targeting its chest, as she got closer to it, she slides down and cut off its leg. The minion fell to the ground, it screamed in agonizing pain, Saya wasting no time jumped and pierced her swords through the minion’s skull, killing it. The minion’s body burned and all that remained were ashes of it.
Jian coughed up blood from his mouth, his head was spinning as he saw with a blurred vision that Thorax was pummeling the scarecrow, he was angry at himself. He wondered he wasn’t stronger enough to bring down Thorax, tears rolled down his cheeks as he went unconscious. The scarecrow was getting beaten by Thorax. Thorax was furious, it grabbed its axe and landed a devastating blow to the scarecrow cutting its body in half. The scarecrow screamed in pain. The hay straws came out of the both halves in an attempt to join together, but Thorax grabbed the torso of the scarecrow and threw it far away.

The axe of Thorax also inflicted fire damage to the scarecrow and it would take some time to recover now. Thorax walked towards the scarecrow’s torso, it wanted to cut out its heart and crush it with its hands. But Thorax was stopped by an attack from behind, Saya slashed its back, a little scratch was inflicted on it. Thorax’s attention was on Saya now. Saya knew she alone could never defeat Thorax, in order to buy time for the scarecrow and Jian to recover, she started to ran in the opposite direction. She ran out of the excavation site. Thorax followed her leaving scarecrow in pain.

The scarecrow extended its arm and grabbed its other half towards it. The scarecrow’s strength was depleting, some time to regain it was required. Jian regained his consciousness. He was in extreme pain, he decided to inject himself with the serum of strength. He took out the injection and injected himself. Within a few minutes Jian stood on his feet, his pain was numb, but the damage was still there. He took off his hood and wrapped it around his ribs. He then walked towards the scarecrow and said “I thought you possessed the strength to defeat that demon, how can you possibly not match its strength.” The scarecrow’s both halves were joined. It transformed back into Damon. Damon answered “The scarecrow has one more form, one that I never used, it is the most powerful form of the scarecrow, but that form is dangerous too, as it gives total control of my body to the scarecrow. I am scared that I might not be able to return from it.” Jian helped Damon up, he then asked “I think there is no better time to try that form, if somehow the scarecrow turns evil, I will stop it no matter what the cost, if this is the only way left to defeat that monster, than I am willing to bet everything on it.”

Saya was running around dodging whatever attack Thorax hit her with, she was almost near the city, she wanted to buy some time but it seemed that the scarecrow and Jian required some more to recover she wondered. She came up with a plan, and changed her course, she ran towards the port, hoping no one won’t be there. Thorax followed her, it wanted to punish her for hurting it. Saya was worried that the affect of the serum wont last much longer now, she was running with all her strength. Thorax was following her with all its fury. Soon Saya arrived at the port, luckily the port was evacuated, her plan worked and she entered the port with Thorax following her. As she walked towards a warehouse, she fell to the ground. She started feeling pain again and her body was paralyzed. These were the aftereffects of the serum, it gave strength for half hour but after the effects wear off the body becomes paralyzed for an hour, and the pain that was suppressed returns.