2 ~ A blanket of rain to hide my tears.

12 years ago.

Soft raindrops fell onto leaves, children with their colorful rainboots stomped in puddles. Everyone making their way to school in a group. Laughter, chatter, and umbrellas bumping into each other. In the back of the group was a little redhead sitting on the floor and helping a ladybug get into the shade under the leaf. His umbrella was tossed aside but he didn't seem to care even if his expensive dark blue suit jacket or plaid shorts got soaked.

"What are you doing?" A child said in a petty tone. He had his other friends with him. Chuuya looked up at them and gave a light smile.

"Helping the ladybug–" His voice was cut off when the boy gave him a harsh kick in the stomach.

"You know what I hate? When people like you act nice. Don't pretend you're not rich. People like us have to work for everything we want to achieve." The child spat with tears welling up in his eyes. Chuuya looked up to the boy with wide eyes only to be kicked again.

"I'm sorry!" Chuuya cried out. By now the children up ahead were gone.

"You act like a problematic child! Shut up! You know everyone only showed up to your birthday because you're rich!" Tears rolled down the redhead's cheeks.

"It's not like I can help it." He was kicked more and more until it felt numb. Once he was left on the floor with bruises all over, his umbrella was thrown over into some random persons yard before the kids ran off. Chuuya laid there. The wet and cold hard concrete floor was the most comfort the child could ask for right now. Another child came into his sight. It was one from another school. It had a light blue dress shirt with a yellow bucket hat and dark brown hair. The child bent down and poked the one who looked dead.

"What?" The redhead finally spoke with a dead voice making the brunette jump back.

"Woah! You're alive!"

"You thought I was dead?" The redhead didn't get up from where he laid.

"Kind of." The brunette leaned in closer. "What happened to you?"

"I tripped." The redhead said quietly.

"There is no way you tripped and got that hurt." The brunette said with a disbelieving tone. He tapped the tip of his finger on the redheads closed and swollen eye making the redhead yelp in pain. The redhead attempted to sit up but felt a sharp pain in his upper and elbow. The brunette offered a hand which the redhead hesitantly accepted.

"What's your name?" The brunette asked.

"Chuuya." The redhead leaned all his weight on the other.

"That's a pretty name, can I call you Chuuchuu?" The redhead scoffed.

"No way!" The redhead spat. "What's your name?"

"Osamu." The brunette smiled at the redhead.

"What school are you from?"

"I go to Lupin kindergarten! Why do you ask Chuuchuu-chan?"

"I told you not to call me that!" Chuuya spat, making the brunette laugh teasingly.

"You look like you go to the prestigious school nearby here." Dazai mentioned as he viewed the other uniform. The other just looked away.

"Yeah it sucks." Chuuya muttered.

"Whaaaat?! I thought in rich schools you get good meals and pretty girls!"

"Girls?!" Chuuya choked out.

Present time...

"Remember the day we met Chibi?" Dazai mentioned as he lounged on the big couch.