8 ~ Loving the core of a rotten apple.

"Tell me, is it possible..." A little child muttered, shifting in their spot a little, tiny hands gripping to their shirt.

"Hmm?" Their father asked continuing to cook dinner which all the other children in the orphanage were impatiently waiting for.

"Is it possible to love something that's dying?"

"Everyone is already dying."

"No...I mean someone who won't be here much longer" The boy said. His father just smiled in a rather eerie way.

"Love everyone unconditionally Atsushi. That's how life should work. No matter the background or life span." The boys father patted Atsushi's head lightly, sending him back to the other children.

.

*Atsushi pov*

Hi! It's me, Atsushi Nakajima! A month or so ago I transferred to this new prestigious school called "Ougai academy" and met my new friends, Dazai, Chuuya, and a mysterious boy named Akutagawa! Over time I've adjusted to my new lifestyle. Every night Ryunosuke will have nightmares--which I wake up to hearing muttering and begging--and It's sad really, but he insists I ignore it. I also have to get used to Chuuya and Dazai who have movie nights every Friday and Saturday and are quite loud when arguing over the small stuff. And by arguing...I mean Dazai tackling Chuuya and tickling him.

Besides that, over my stay at this school, I've been studying for a while for an upcoming test! I guess it's like state testing but scarier! This time we are going up against the top three called "The decay of angels''! (Super scary!). For a lot of minimal subjects, someone will be chosen to compete with them in it. Our scores will put aside those complete geniuses! Everyone is studying since the chances of a lot of us getting picked out are high..

But what's important is right now...

"Y-You!" I retorted, taking a large step back.

"Who is this boy?" The male whose name was Fyodor asked, looking over to Nikolai.

"Don't worry! I'm great with remembering faces! Hmm..... Yeah, I don't know." Nikolai said with a shrug. Fyodor's eyebrow twitched slightly.

"Are you from that school?"

"Ougai academy?" The two stayed silent as if waiting for my response. "Yes.."

"Oh, I get it now." I looked beside me, which was directly into a snack aisle. I'd been shopping at a convenience store nearby our dorms but had not above all expected to run into them!

"Just so you know we'll kick your ass in the tests!" I felt a shiver run down my spine.

"Uhm please don't..--"

"I meant that metaphorically!" Nikolai added.

"Come on Nikolai, let's not waste our time on some low-life commoners," Fyodor said, pretty much growling. Which somewhat reminds me of a dog...

"Awww!! F-yo-chan~☆! You're so feisty! I wish you were more like that in--"

"Shh!" Fyodor hushed before the other could finish, his cheeks dusted pink as he began looking like a stubborn child. "T-That's beside the point. This place has already been intoxicated with people like him--" Fyodor's eyebrow twitched as he clearly had trouble concentrating when Nikolai was literally clung to him.

"I-I'll just go, okay?" I said, smiling nervously.

"See you at the tests in two days~!" Nikolai sang, waving him off. It was quite strange...They really were more normal than expected.