3 ~ Never too much sugar!!

"Why are you up this late?" Ryunosuke asked.

"I'm finishing my homework, more so, why are you still up?"

"I was finishing a project?" Ryunosuke made it evident his clothing was filled with paint. Atsushi hummed, it went silent.

"Want me to make us some tea?"

"..." Ryunosuke plopped down onto a seat, Atsushi took his actions as a yes. The silver haired boy began the process of making tea which was one of the things he could make other than Chazuke. Atsushi took a guess that he'd like something sweet so he prepared the same as him.

"Uhm," Atsushi started, collecting his words. "Can I ask you something?"

"...Depends on the question."

"Why do all your paintings not have any colors to the eyes?" Atsushi asked, taking a leap of faith this time since he really didn't know how Ryunosuke would act. He seemed to be uptight about his art which for the most part made Atsushi never really touch on the subject.

"There aren't any colors that match." Ryunosuke simply answered, coughing into his hand a bit. Even if it didn't satisfy Atsushi, it was still a reply instead of a rude remark. Atsushi set down the tea once it was done, steam coming off the hot liquid, Ryunosuke blew on it softly then took a small sip, his tongue brushing against the rim of the glass cup. Atsushi watched as he did so which Ryunosuke was quick to notice.

"Why are you staring at me?" Ryunosuke narrowed his eyes on the other cautiously.

"Oh," Atsushi jumped back a bit but gave a soft smile–the usual one he has. "Sorry, I got distracted." Atsushi replied softly, taking a sip of his own tea.

"It's sweet." Ryunosuke said in between the silence.

"Do you like it? I usually make mine extra sweet, most people don't enjoy how sweet it is either so..." Atsushi was cut off by Ryunosuke's words.

"It's good." Ryunosuke said so quietly. His gentle stare on the glass as small ripples continuously formed in the tea. Atsushi noticed that everytime Ryunosuke went in for a sip he'd bite down slightly on the rim of the cup, it made a small "tink" kind of noise. Atsushi could notice it everytime, his observant eyes could notice every small quirk in his movements and actions. Atsushi was just good at body language, he could tell if someone snapped or became embarrassed even if it was hidden so well. But right now, he was focusing on every small twitch of the fingers or the glimmer in his eyes whenever the dim lights reflected off the teacup.

"Where is Dazai and Chuuya?" Ryunosuke broke the silence.

"They're at the store."

"This late?"

"I guess." Atsushi focused back on his own tea which he'd barely drank any of. Comfortable silence fell between the two. It felt great having moments where someone was beside you and you didn't feel all that lonely, you could get lost in your thoughts without them thinking you're dazing out or are bored of them.

"I'm going to sleep." Ryunosuke got off from the highchair he sat on.

"O-Oh." Atsushi muttered a little disappointed.

"You should go to sleep too," Ryunosuke stopped for a moment before he took off to venture to his room. "jinko." Atsushi's eyes could only widen at the words.

"H-Huh?! I'm not a tiger though.." Atsushi stammered out, completely caught off guard. Ryunosuke only let out a small cough in response–if it even was a response–then left. Atsushi could only sigh in defeat. He walked over to clean up the cups and saw Ryunosuke's was empty which left a thin yet big smile on Atsushi's face.