7 ~ Injuries that don't heal.

11 years ago...

It was a beautiful day outside. There were some children playing around in a garden of flowers and tall grass, as green as it could get. A small redhead as cheerful as could be ran around that field with a familiar brunette whose name was Dazai. The two giggled and played around with the toys they'd gotten.

"Odasaku man is so cool!!"

"Did you know that my older brother is Odasakuman?" The brunette asked, holding the toy up high to the sky.

"Woah!! Really?!"

"Mhm! He's just like him too. He saves people all the time!"

"Really?! Can I meet him?"

"He's out abroad for an interview with someone famous...Maybe when he gets back!"

"Yay!" The children giggled and played more until another person showed up, familiar to both of them. It was another boy, around 14.

"Paul!!" Chuuya said excitedly, hugging the boy.

"It's been a while. Studying abroad at age 14...It's quite stressful. It's good to see you again." The boy named Paul Verlaine said.

"I missed you!!" Chuuya said, squeezing the other tightly.

"I see you liked the toys I sent you last month?"

"We do! Osamu and I have been having a lot of fun." Chuuya giggled. "How has Paris been?"

"Great! You know the language, I should take you with me someday."

"I study French every day for 2 hours as father says I should! He said that's what will make me taller.."

"I doubt it." The brunette said quietly as to not interrupt the two others' conversation.

"Maybe one day you could translate French books to Japanese! There are plenty left undone."

"Woah!! I'd love to!" The two chatted on and on. Dazai on the other hand? Surprisingly became shy around older people and sometimes in between the conversation he slipped off and nobody noticed. He ran off to a large mansion-like place and knocked on the door.

"Hey, is Aku home?" The brunette asked, a smile quirking up on his lips.

Present time...

"Paul?!" Chuuya exclaimed, tears beginning to well up in his delicate eyes.

"Hi Chuuya." The man spoke with a soft smile on his face as he opened up his arms for an inviting hug which Chuuya greatly accepted.

"Verlaine stopped by suddenly since his college allowed him to for whatever reason..." Mori said, adding context to the sudden appearance.

"Is Arthur here too?" Chuuya asked, pulling away from the hug.

"Yes, he's waiting in the car because he can't be in large crowds like this."

"Okay."

"We should get going, our reservation is gonna be spoiled." Mori said, adjusting his tie before holding Elise's hand to guide her out to the limo. Chuuya let Verlaine walk ahead, waiting for Dazai.

"Are you coming Dazai?"

"Oh!" Dazai said, as if snapping out of a daze. "Your family kicked me out last time for playing with my food, will I be okay?" Dazai said jokingly.

"Just don't play with food!" Chuuya snorted, grabbing Dazai's hand to bring him along. Mori very obviously didn't like it when Dazai was involved. He'd obviously push for Chuuya to next time bring a girlfriend instead of an old friend, and if an old friend is one who doesn't look like they're gonna walk into some fancy restaurant with pajamas on...