6 ~ Results and tears.

It was late. 

The only light source was the street lamps and lighting inside buildings. One in front of a boy as he made his way into a tall building above him. His hair half white, half-light purple, and down to his hips, eyes that shined silver.

"Welcome Sigma, are you here to see Ivan?" A staff member spoke with a lighthearted smile.

"Yes, is he making progress?" Sigma asked, looking up to the lady, who in response gave a frown.

"Maybe..." The woman responded quietly. "Anyways, you know where his room is. I'm sure you remember."

"I do." Sigma gave a forced smile in return as he made his way down to the room. He wore a button-up jacket with exaggerated sleeves and some grey plaid pants. His fashion gained looks every day from those in the hall. Finally, he reached the door. Room '203'. He smiled lightly before opening the door.

"Hello brother," Sigma said, giving a small wave. On the floor laid Ivan, his hair long and curly making its way across the floor like a snake, a bandage wrapped tightly around his head. He smiled widely at the sight of Sigma.

"Why, hello!" He got up from where he had laid without hesitance. "Did you bring me something to read?"

"Of course, today I picked up 'The Precipice'."

"Ooo!" Ivan rested his elbows on the floor, resting his chin on his wrists in interest. Sigma smiled lightly.

"How have you been?"

"Scared." Ivan was quick to respond.

"Why so?" Sigma sat down on the chair next to the bed. It wasn't news. One day it was Ivan saying there were people after him, the other it'd be about bombs implanted inside of him.

"The food is bad."

"Hmm. Did they serve mashed potatoes again?"

"Yes.." Sigma gave a light laugh. Some days were better, some worse. Today seemed like a good one. "Where's Shibu?"

"Shibusawa..." Sigma's laugh faded and his happy expression became bitter. "Shibusawa hasn't visited you in years..."

"Why not?" Ivan smiled as if it was a joke.

"...Work. He gets really busy I guess." Sigma wouldn't even dare to mention the dirty parts of him. For Ivan's sake of not worrying for his younger brother. Heck, he hadn't even seen Shibusawa in years.

"Hmmmm." Ivan laid on the floor again, this time making direct eye contact with the light on the ceiling.

"Sorry, I'm later than usual. I'm going to be visiting Ougai academy tomorrow...We have a big test."

"For the Decay of angles?" Sigma laughed.

"Angles?" Sigma asked.

"Or whatever it's called. You shouldn't be in it anymore!"

"Why not?"

"Spend more time with me! I'm lonely. I wanna play Uno!!"

The two talked for what seemed like forever until Sigma had to leave. And when he got home, it was study time! Okay, maybe studying doesn't sound so amazing. To Sigma it was work. He was never hesitant to do it though. He sat down at the kitchen table, it was huge. The house itself is huge. His family owned a jewel company that sold all over Japan. For around an hour it was silent studying in the darkness with a lamp to light up his paper.

'Creak'

It went silent. The sound of small footsteps made its way. Sigma froze. He was on the verge of getting up to grab a knife for defense but he decided to not move. Sometimes his father came home late, drunk most of the time. But this was quieter.