45

"Did you hear? Vinny..."

"It's her. The second girl in our school..."

"How the hell did this happen?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I saw them..."

Incomplete sentences.

Those were the only things your ears could pick up from all the talking that roamed around the hallway while you were making your way to your classroom after using the restroom.

"What's wrong with them?"

You had already noticed all the whispers around you and the stares on you this morning when you had arrived at school with Vinny, Sung and Seon-Hua.

But even though everyone here was probably talking about the same thing since this morning, you just couldn't pick up what exactly they were whispering with each other about.

When you almost arrived at your classroom, two boys were suddenly blocking the hallway.

So you came to a stop and looked at them with a stoic expression on your face, not expecting much from them.

"You're (Y/N) right?" they asked you.

"And what if I am? You got some business with me?"

They immediately got to the point.
"Are you dating Vinny?"

Once he said that, the whole hallway became quiet.

Without needing to look around, you knew that everybody, really everybody in this very hallway looked at you.

"Well, might as well answer them or they're going to bother me forever."

But just when you were about to reply to them, some loud noises could be heard from behind you.

Loud footsteps were approaching you and they got louder with every step.

You wanted to turn around and look who caused those noises but you didn't come to do it.

All you felt was something that suddenly wrapped around one shoulder to another, covering your throat; and the back of your head bumped onto something.

Then the voice of someone you knew and could always recognize, echoed throughout the hallway.

"You got some business with my girlfriend?"

Of course the only one who could call you his girlfriend was Vinny.

Upon Vinny's arrival, they all faltered and shocked expressions showed on the faces of the two boys. Though, what you guessed shocked them the most was, that the rumor was true.

"Nothing." they quickly said and hastily escaped from your sight.

Once again, whispers were heard from all around you but the moment Vinny turned to look at them, they went quiet and avoided his gaze.

All of a sudden, the hallway seems more empty than it was just a few seconds ago.

"Let's go back. Next class is about to start." Vinny grabbed your hand and gently pulled you along, back to the classroom.

But that didn't stop the gossip to continue.

Once school was over, you quickly began to pace out of the building with Seon-Hua, Vinny and Sung to grab your bikes and ride out of the school campus.

Well, since Seon-Hua didn't have a bike, she rode along behind Sung on his motorcycle.

When you were a few streets away from the school, you could finally relax and slow down to ride in a normal and relaxing pace.

"That's tough... I'd like it to settle down tomorrow but I doubt that their gossip will stop so soon."

"Yeah... So annoying." Vinny uttered these words and his face twisted a little, making his face fit with his words.

Seon-Hua and Sung didn't part ways with you. In fact, they followed you until you reached your home.

That was because you all had agreed that you would do your homework together.

While Sung and Seon-Hua settled down on the table in your living room, Vinny and you prepared some drinks and light snacks for your guests.

"You two look like a married couple."

That comment that came from Seon-Hua made you freeze on your track and you threw a glance, which was more like a surprised glare, at her.

"What are you implying? That they get married now?" Sung who said that and Seon-Hua suddenly had wide grins on their faces as they stared at you and Vinny.

"Knock it off would ya? We're still in high school."

"Yes, yes."

They surprisingly gave in pretty easy and so you all started to work on your homework.

"Do you guys want to watch a movie so something? Or do you have to go home now?"

All three of them approved of your idea and so you all cleaned up the table first and then you chose a movie to watch.

During the movie, you stood up to get more drinks and noticed Vinny following you to the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen, you shut the door and began to look inside the fridge and cupboards for something to eat or drink.

Vinny did the same and wegen you both found something, you walked back to the living room, each of you carrying bags of snacks and bottles of drinks in your arms.

And so, the movie evening could start.

Your body was pretty stiff from all the sitting and because none of you were moving even after the last movie had long ended, you could conclude that pretty much everyone in this room was in the same state as you.

Well, you desperately tried to stand up and after a few tries, you finally succeeded. Your legs were still a little wobbly, so you carefully made the first step towards the tv.

That failed though. Because only after this one step, your knees were giving in and you began to buckle.

Right onto Vinny at that.

So now you laid like a cloth that got spread across Vinny's laps.

"Hoho making a move on him huh?" Seon-Hua teased.

Right now, you really had this urge to kick her if only your feet would start working again.

It took a long time for you to feel your legs again.

During this time, Vinny hadn't done anything.

When you turned your head to look at him, you saw that his eyes were shut.

"Vinny?" you called out to him.
But he didn't respond. He didn't even move a muscle.

"Is he asleep?" Sung said the question you had in mind out loud.

When Vinny continued on staying in this pose he was currently in, you all knew that he was fast asleep at this moment.

So that was why he didn't react at all even after you fell on him.

Once your legs were now fully recovered, you got off Vinny and grabbed a blanket to wrap it around your boyfriend.

Then you noticed that Sung and Seon-Hua began to stand up.

"Well then, we'll go now. It's starting to get late."

You accompanied your guests to the front door and after your goodbyes, you walked back inside and looked at the sleeping boy.

While you stared at his face, you got closer to him and continued to do so as if you wanted to analyse his features.

When you reached out a hand toward him, you slipped a hand through his red locks.

Your redhead sure looked cute when he was asleep. So cute and peaceful.

And without realizing it, you fell asleep next to him.