22

Today was another day of the bike competition and the moment you entered your classroom, you heard the mc say, that Team Hummingbird would be against Team Monster.

You were really worried, since you knew from the previous races, that this team was really good.

Especially the one called 'Monster'.

A little bit of nervousness overcame you when the race started but you still believed in them.

Then the race began.

At first it was a slow start.

And then, Jay and Vinny suddenly started racing ahead.

But they didn't got a really wide gap between them and the other riders.

One of team Monster then caught up to Jay and was now riding on the lead.

Jay had to lower his speed, because his front tire and the tire from the bike in front of him would have clashed and an accident would have occurred.

Then Vinny rushed ahead, bit he was immediately stopped by the opponent.

After they had completed one leap, they were all still in the same position.

Luckily on a downhill slope, Jay could race ahead.

But you were shocked at what happend next.

The chain of Jay's bicycle snaped, and he crashed on the street.

The opponents could rush to the front because of that, and so Minu and Dom rode to the front too.

There was only 500 meters left until the finishing line.

And so Dom raced faster and was now taking the lead, but in no time, Monster easily caught up to him, and as if it wasn't enough, he got even faster and left Dom behind too.

He got to the finishing line first, wich left everyone shocked.

"No! It can't end like this!"

But you knew that you couldn't do anything.

So you prayed for Vinny to be alright.

When school ended, you rushed to Vinny's house, and when you entered, Vinny's mom was there.

"Hello (Y/N)! Why are you here?"

"Good afternoon ma'am! I just want to see the boys. I think that they are heading here..."

"Oh, no they are not here yet. Come on in!"

She went to the kitchen and you followed her.

When you saw her cooking you said, "Let me help you", and so you did.

While you two were at it, she suddenly asked, "I wanted to ask you this the first time we met, but I didn't get the chance."

"What is it?"

"Are you Vinny's girlfriend?"

You let the spoon you just held in your hand fall.

"Wh-what? N-no, I'm not." you stuttered, flustered.

You were sure that your face was glowing red right now.

Then you could see her smile and she asked, wich made your face even redder, "Do you like him?"

Your eyes wandered around, but in the end, it was looking at Vinny's mom, and since you couldn't avoid the question, you nodded slowly.

"Take care of him for me."

"I will." you said quietly, but still audible enough for her to hear.

"But please don't tell him." you requested at the end.

She chuckled and said, "Alright, I won't."

At this moment, you heard voices from outside, and seconds later, Shelly barged in and introduced herself to Vinny's mom, while asking for the shower.

After Vinny's mom showed it to her, she rushed there and seconds later, Vinny came in, asking where Shelly went off to.

The others who were coming in later, ate the kimchi stew Vinny's mom and you made while they were all taking a shower one after another.

Vinny's mom left for work and so they were now talking about what to do now.

After the talk, you washed the dishes and then you all went to a nearby basketball place.

June was leaving because he had to study for the sat.

Jay and Shelly were drowning a basketball in a basket.

Then you suddenly heard Mia's voice calling for you guys and you turned around.

Next to her, there was a younger boy with a cat in his arms.
He was Jay's little brother.

Mia brought donuts, so you all digged in.

After a while, Jay's brother began to cry, because their mom said that they had to get rid of Jack, the cat.

No one could take in the cat, as they suddenly turned to look at Vinny.

When he realised what they were thinking, he began to curse.