8

A lot was on your mind the moment you stepped outside your house to go over to Vinny's.

"You're in love with him, huh?" you quietly mumbled to yourself as you only walked a few steps since leaving your house before stopping at your track.

It was a beautiful day today, perfect for the preliminaries of a bike competition.

Yeah, today was the first day of the bike competition, the newly formed bike racing crew, called 'Hummingbird' and who you were rooting for, was participating in.

In a slow pace, you were making your way to Vinny's house since you still had a lot of time left before school started.

It was pretty early in the morning with the fresh morning air and the quite atmosphere surrounding you.

It really was a shame that you couldn't watch the race in person.

You really wanted to be there when they would reach the goal and congratulate them in person after every race. But you couldn't because you couldn't miss any class.

Just when you were able to see his house, the door opened and Vinny stepped out.

"Good morning." you said to him with a hand raised and he replied with a "Mornin'."

"I wanted to watch you all in the competition, but I have to go to school...", you said with a sad look on your face, "So, I wish you all good luck."

"There's still a lot of time until school starts, so I wanted to see you all off. Someone will drive you to the place where the competition is gonna be, right?"

Vinny nodded, and so you two headed outside to the meet up.

When you were there, you saw that everyone else was already there.
And a car was there to drive them.

"Oh, and by the way", Shelly said before she got in the car, "could you give me your number? Then I'll add you in our group chat."

"Of course!" you said and gave her your phone number.

After that they left.

"I hope that they'll win the competition." you thought, as you made your way to school.

- After school -

Eager to get to know how the preliminaries went, you practically dashed straight to Vinny's home once school was finally over.

But before you went to sleep, you decided to take a look on your phone because you got a message.

Minu
Hey guys,
Tomorrow's the nerds birthday~!!

Cool Dom
What?
Tomorrow's Jay's birthday??
Then, shouldn't we throw a little party for him or something?

Minu
Yeah...
But I'm totally broke right now...
Hey Yuna, lend me some money...

Shelly
Gasp...!! What?! Birthday?!
Why are you only telling me this now?
I haven't prepared anything!!!

Yuna
Then, get your butt back home!!!!
How much longer are you going to stay there?

Minu
Crap...

Mia
Really?
Then let's pool some money and buy him a present~!

June
We should all contribute a bit of money and throw a party for him,
like Mia said! ^^

Minu
You don't have to do it Jun.
The sats are coming up so don't push yourself...:'( LOL

Jun
Still, I should be there.
If I don't do this,
I feel like I'll be forgotten in this series. :/

Minu
.....Alright....

Minu
Anyway, let's come up with a plan for tomorrow~!

Cool Dom
I know a place where we could go.
I sometimes work there.
We could go there tomorrow.
I'll send the location to you (Y/N). Come with Vinny.

(Y/N)
Ok. Then I'll come together withVinny.
When should we be there?

Cool Dom
How 'bout 6 pm?

(Y/N)
Gotcha. Then, see you all tomorrow~!

Mia
Wait (Y/N)!

(Y/N)
?

Mia
It's better if you, Yuna, Shelly and I are doing the preparations.
So we should be there earlier.
Is everyone okay with it?

Yuna
Yes

Shelly
Yup

(Y/N)
Alright, then everyone should come a little earlier so that we can buy something for him.

Yuna
Yeah. See you all tomorrow~

Mia
See you tomorrow!

Shelly
See you~!

Minu
Bye everyone, I'll sleep now.

Cool Dom
Bye y'all

Jun
Wait. Who is '(Y/N)'?

Shelly
Oh yeah, you didn't meet her today.
She's a new friend~^-^

Mia
Either way, you can meet each other tomorrow. Have a good night everyone~

Jun
Good night

Shelly
G'night

(Y/N)
Gn

You put your phone away and went to bed.

But before you fell asleep, your thoughts drifted towards Vinny.

"I won't see him a lot now, since he'll be in the bike competition when I'm at school... But tomorrow I'll see him again..."

These was the last thought before you fell asleep.