What A Weird Development

Out of Ideas?
Fear not my friend.
JK. I got nothing.
Your suffering won't end.

_______________________________________

Interviewer: "So how did you two meet?"

Chihiro: Oh, well that is a very interesting story.

Flashback~

Chihiro's POV,

I start walking to the back of the gymnasium. I planned on arriving earlier hoping I would be there when Ichinose shows up to accept my confession. I mean I'm cute, small and petite. There is no doubt she wouldn't accept my confession.

(A/N: I needed something to cringe at)

As I was about to arrive at the back I see Ichinose, and my heart goes 'doki doki'. While I was walking closer I see another figure, maybe he also wanted her to accept his confession. 'Hah!' I think that in my head. She is probably rejecting his confession to accept mine.

But then again... What if he is her boyfriend and they have been secretly been dating? My heart now feels a small pain. It seems they have noticed me.

"Um, Ichinose-san... Who is this person?"

I start shaking. This is very unnerving. I start to think, 'What is going to happen right now?'.

"This is Ayanokouji-kun, from Class D. I'm sorry for bringing someone that you don't know, Chihiro-chan."

It seems they are acquainted. Please don't be her boyfriend. 'Please don't be her boyfriend. Please don't be her boyfriend.' I keep repeating that in my head and start to ask.

"Is he by any chance...your boyfriend, Ichinose-san?"

"Ah... Well..."

Please don't say yes. How dare you do this after my heart went 'doki doki' for you! Time for interrogation.

"So why is this Ayanokouji-kun person here?"

Confused by this unexpected situation, I begin to cry. Tears welled up in my eyes. Is he her boyfriend? Of course he is, why would he be here if he wasn't? I just dont understand what was going on.

Ichinose, seeing my tears, grew flustered. 'Yes, pity me! Look at me!' Uncertain of what to do, she started panicking.

"Um, do you mind going somewhere else, please? I have something important that I need to talk with Ichinose-san about,"

I speak to get him to go away.

"P-please wait a minute, Chihiro-san. That's, um... Well, to tell you the truth, Ayanokouji-kun is..."

"What is it?

Your brother. Your friend. Your cousin. Anything that isn't your boyfriend.

(A/N: Uhm... Fiance, Husband, Friends with Benefits)

"So, Ayanokouji-kun, he's... Well, he's my-"

"I'm just a friend."

I sighed in his answer. Wait. If he is a friend there are two possibilities; one, he got rejected, now I laugh internally at him. Two, Ichinose wanted someone to act as their fake boyfriend. But the latter is impossible, that would be a total cliche.

(A/N: Who wanna tell her?)

"Ichinose. I didn't think this was something I should say, considering no one's ever confessed to me before. But I think it was a mistake for you to call me here."

He speaks, but it doesn't seem to only be directed at her but also... Me?

"It's true that confessing your feelings isn't easy to do. You spend every day in complete anguish, as you create the experience in your head
over and over. And yet, you still can't confess your feelings. Even when you think the time has come to actually do it, you can't say the words 'I like you'. They get stuck in your throat. That's what I think. Don't you think you
should answer someone when they desperately long to express their feelings? If you make the situation unclear, both of you may regret it later."

"Uh..."

What an awe-inspiring advice. But let's go back to reality for a bit. He seems to leave with her without her answering him for his advice. I have no idea what happened but the mood suddenly disappeared/changed.

"So about the confession. What is your answer, Ichinose-san?"

"I'm sorry Chihiro-chan. As Ayanokouji-kun says I don't think I can lie how I feel. I don't think I can accept your confession."

Instant shutdown huh? I let my tears just fall. How can you do this to me? I saved my first confession for someone like you and now I'm being rejected for the first time.

She just watches as I cry waterfalls, knowing anything she says will make things worse.

"I hope we can still be friends. I'm very sorry Chihiro-chan."

Saying that, tears start to flow again. I just show a faint smile and run away from the gymnasium.

I ran towards the tree-linedpathway and see a familiar brown-haired boy leaning towards the handrail who can understand what just happened. I think his name was Ayanokouji.

"Can I sit here?"

Before waiting for answers I was already sitting on the bench.

"I confessed to someone for the first time but seemed to also be rejected for the first time."

"Is it okay for you to tell me this? I think these are personal especially since this is the first time we met."

At least he seems to care about other people's privacy.

"It's fine. Seeing as you already know most of what just happened. I forgot to introduce myself seeing as I was a bit aggressive wanting you to leave. I am Chihiro Shiranami."

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. Don't worry about it. I was never intending to play the role of a fake boyfriend in the first place."

"Sorry Ichinose-san brought you into this."

"It's fine. These things happen sometimes. Still I didn't expect the cliche development there."

Flashback ends~

Interviewer: "You know, I don't think I can read flashbacks."

Chihiro: "Oh, long story short, I just confessed to a girl, got rejected and he became my boyfriend."

Interviewer: "You meant friend right?"

Chihiro: "Yeah yeah, same thing."

Interviewer: 'It really isn't. There is a lot of context missing meaning I can't get the full story.'
_______________________________________

It's short since I didn't reach 1000 words lol.
993 words.
Idea came from reading OriginDistortion' s fic.