VI

[ chapter 6 ]

may 27
6:30 a.m
new york city, new york

- - - - -

My alarm woke me up in it's normal agonizing and torturous way. I groaned in dismay but nonetheless rolled over to reach and turn it off. I took a deep breath and allowed my eyes to get used to the light sunrise that was peeking into my hotel curtains.

Republic had set up a hotel for Orion, my bandmates, and the rest of our crew to stay at so we could all have the group breakfast together and just be more organized and on time. I got lucky and didn't have to share the room.

I stood up and sighed. The bed wasn't very messy as I didn't move around much in my sleep. So, I quickly fixed it and then entered my temporary bathroom. I took a shower and dried my hair. I didn't need to do much with it since our hair stylist would be later so I didn't.

I did my normal morning and after-shower routine before slipping on black Playboy boxers and a black sports bra to match. I then slipped on some gray sweatpants and a black wifebeater.

I checked the time, realizing I only had 5 minutes left to get down there in time for the beginning of breakfast. I sighed and grabbed my phone, and wallet as my keys to my car back home and my house was placed tucked into my suitcase.

I sprayed on some cologne and placed it back in the suitcase before grabbing a black beanie and slipping on some white Air Forces. I walked out and quickly entered the nearest elevator, taking me to the first floor.

There, I was met with one of my bodyguards. "Ms. Y/l/n," He greeted, nodding at me. I smiled lightly as I fixed my beanie on my head. "Just call me Y/n, Cole." I chuckled. He smiled and nodded before leading me to catering.

He stopped at the entrance and I thanked him before walking up to my bandmates who all sat at the same table.

"This reminds me of school every time." I spoke as I sat down next to Cassian. They laughed and nodded. "It does, doesn't it. Too bad we didn't know each other until that summer." Asher shook his head.

"I don't think we would've passed if we did." We laughed again. I was the only one without a plate already so I excused myself and walked up to the school cafeteria-like catering.

I grabbed a plate and slapped on a couple pancakes, eggs, bacon, an egg roll, and a piece of buttery bread. Can't go wrong with that.

I chose a simple water to drink and sat back down at our table. We chatted lightly while eating. Soon enough, it was 8:00 which means it was time to leave for the airport. Orion told us they had already moved everything to the vans so we just cleaned up our table and left.

Paparazzi along with a large group of supporters were waiting outside. As soon as we came into sight, brutal screams were heard. Flashes went off like crazy and the rapid questions killed our eardrums.

Luckily, it was all over in a matter of seconds and all that noise was extremely muffled. "God, I don't think I'll ever get used to that." Cassian shook. I chuckled but nodded in agreement. "I don't think it's something to get used to, honestly."

~~~~~

The flight went smoothly, we arrived at LA on time— 11:34 a.m. We were now settling into another temporary hotel, our stay was longer than the last one though, of course.