IX

(yes, i did skip the christmas chapter bc there will be a future one with more ariana in it, so just imagine you got a break with your family)

[ chapter 9 ]

december 31
12:00 p.m
boca raton, florida

- - - - -

Today's the day. The day that will bring back many memories. The day that will bring back the past of an abandoned relationship. A wasted love. It was the day of my parents' annual New Years party.

There was a downside to this year's party, though. Somehow, the public were able to figure out my parents' Miami home and then ALSO managed to figure out we go there every year for New Years.

So, paparazzi surround the gates that surrounds the home. Even some fans come out to see if they can get a good look— or maybe even interaction with us. And although I love them to death, it saddens me when I can't have alone time with my own family.

Where they feel as though they need to be on their toes and best behavior because "anything can be recorded". Luckily, I'm fortunate enough with money to have some bodyguards out front directing the sneaky paps away from the house, along with our fans.

"You almost done, Y/nn?!" My mom shouted from downstairs as I gave myself a once over in my old bedroom mirror.

(excuse the man 😐)

I didn't have a reason to go all out, so I didn't. I did make sure that I looked good, though. I slid on some black red bottom dress shoes, a few rings, and then grabbed my wallet, keys, and phone.

I walked downstairs and was met with my beautiful parents.

My (step)mom was wearing a gorgeous white gown, which was simple but also elegant. She had her blonde hair flowing down her back and shoulders in beach waves. She wore black heels and a nice pearl necklace to bring it to perfection.

My (step)father was matching her, sporting a black and white tux with black dress shoes and a white handkerchief in his right dress-jacket pocket. His raven black hair was styled like it usually was, slightly spiked at the top-front as it was too short to do much else.

"You guys look amazing." I smiled genuinely at my amazing parents. In case you were wondering, my birth-mom was y/m/s/c (your mom's skin color) and my birth-father was y/d/s/c. Which is why I'm y/s/c (your skin color).

However, my step/adoptive mom is Caucasian, French, and surprisingly Albanian. While my step/adoptive dad is Italian, African-American, and mostly French— as he was born there. Which is why he has a slight accent and speaks fluent French.