XXII

[ chapter 22 ]

april 17
11:45 a.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

lets dance in style
lets dance for a while
heaven can wait
we're only watching the skies

hoping for the best
but expecting the worst
are you gonna drop the bomb
or not

let us die young
or let us live forever
we dont have the power
but we never say never

sitting in a sandpit
life is a short trip
the music's for the sad men

forever young
i wanna be forever young
do you really wanna live forever
forever

forever young

"Y/n!" I jump, my head snapping up to the loud call of my name. Standing there was Zayn, Billie, Cassian, Elias, and Asher. I smiled at the sight of my best friends.

"Yes?" I asked, trailing off with a face of expectance. They all gave me shit-eating grins.

"We're going out for a fun day. Stop workin' 'n come with." Zayn's heavily accented husky voice filled the room with a tone that could only be described as stern. This was a 'i won't take no for an answer' kind of "demand".

"I'd much rather prefer therapy but I guess I'll come." I playfully roll my eyes, standing up and stretching my tired limbs. My friends and bandmates cheered in victory as I chuckled and shook my head.

"Where're we going?" I ask as I pack my stuff up and then leave my at-home studio. Elias stares at me with a mischievous smirk. "A bunch of places, first up; laser tag." My jaw drops. I don't remember the last time I did laser tag.

"Yep! And after that, a waterpark. Then dinner, then I guess we'll bring you back to your lovergirl." I blushed at the thought of my hardworking girlfriend. She was out for a couple days (but still in NY), in the studio for her new album.

Apparently, she's gotten a rush of inspiration.

"Sounds good. Let me get some shit together and then we can leave." They nodded or gave me a thumbs up and I ran upstairs to my bedroom. I quickly grabbed some swim trunks and a bra to match.

I then changed from my shorts and tank to an actual outfit and then sprayed some cologne and applied some deodorant.