EPILOGUE

[ ep ]

may 17, 2023
12:00 p.m
brooklyn, new york

- - - - -

"Mama! Mama!" I jumped up, looking towards the big French doors of my wife and I's shared bedroom. My 2 year old daughter ran in with a wide smile on her adorable face. It still amazed me how much she looked like her mother. The only difference is she got my y/e/c eyes.

"Hey, princess what's up?" My smile matches hers the second our eyes connect. I get out of bed and pick her up, staring down at her as she begins talking animatedly.

"Anyways, m-mommy's downstwairs now." She cheesed, fiddling with her barbie doll. "Well, let's go see her then, yeah?" Angel grins and nods enthusiastically. I playfully hold her up to my shoulders, running down the stairs with her giggling away above me.

"Baby?!" I heard Ariana's light but still raspy voice fill the air. "Coming!" I yell back, walking into the kitchen to see something disastrous. Our 3 year old son, King, had maple syrup all over his face and hands, while Ariana's shirt was splattered 2 sliding mini pancakes.

The sight made me crack up, so hard I had to let down Angel.

That's when there was a couple knocks at the door. However, none of us had time to react as the door opened shortly after. I already knew who it was.

"Aunties and uncles in the house!" I heard Billie's loud screaming. I chuckled as I wiped the tears off my face from my previous fit. "In the kitchen!" Ariana yelled back as she began cleaning herself. I walked over to King and picked him up, carrying him to the sink so I could clean him off as well.

"Hey- woah, what the hell happened here?" Asher's eyes were bulged out of his head. I chuckled as Zayn walked over and patted my back. "I remember when Gi and I were handling the same shit. Good luck." I subtly flicked him the bird, which somehow, King caught.

"Mama! Lwook!" I turned my head, seeing his tiny middle finger directed straight towards me. I gasped and grasped it, shaking my head profusely.

"No, no, no! Don't do that, buddy that's bad." He nodded and proceeded to clean his hands. I smiled at the smart boy.

"Y'all needa stop cussin' around my kids!" Ariana yelled at them with a smile still plastered on her face. I couldn't help but admire her adorable dimples and natural state. I can't believe she's really mine. My wife, my baby mama, my forever.

"I doubt you don't do the same!" Elias rolled his eyes playfully, sticking his hip out and putting his hand up sassily. We all cracked up.

"Oh, she does." I smirk as Ariana gasps and hits me with a kitchen towel. I laughed and leaned over, pecking her lips before drying King and setting him down on the floor.

"Go see your aunt and uncles baby." He grinned and nodded, running over to Billie first. I laughed as he clearly had a favorite. It made sense though, Bil spoiled the shit out of the little boy.

Angel runs up to me, holding up her sippy cup.

"Ga ga, ga ga juice!" My eyebrows raised and my jaw dropped. "You backtalkin' me, girl?!" I playfully yelled. She giggled and furrowed her eyebrows. "Juice!" She yelled again, matching my tone.

Everyone laughed, including me as Ariana appeared to my side. "C'mon babydoll, let's get you your juice." She smiled as she picked her up. Then, she turned to me. Ariana placed a chaste kiss to my lips, then my cheek as Angel smirked and stuck her tongue out. I returned it and then we both laughed it off after.

"How the fuck do y'alls kids act 30 when they're 2 and 3?" Cassian asked, looking very shocked. I chuckled and shrugged. "Good genes, bitch." I shot back with a smirk. He blew out a breath through his nose and shrugged, nodding in agreement.

Speaking of my (sort of) bandmates, we had put the band on hiatus until my kids were older. If we wanted to continue music, we would. I honestly don't think we will, though, as by the time my kids are 9 and 10, I'll be well into my 30s almost 40s, Ariana too as she's already 29 and I'm 30.

But, you never know.

Ariana still makes music at her in-home studio, she's working on another album. This will be here second after Positions. She never puts her work before the kids, though. That's why this album has been taking so long to complete. I feel like there was no way Ariana could stop working on music, at least not for a while.

She's way too much of a workaholic.

Billie still makes music, of course and Zayn hasn't released anything in a little over a year. I don't know if he will, I haven't asked. Oh! And although we are on hiatus, we still interact on social medias and sometimes my bandmates and I get together and post a cover or an acoustic of our songs on our old YouTube channel.

Life is still going well. I've learned to live in the moment and right now, I've never been happier. My parents fully moved out to New York as well, and frequently visit me, Ariana, and their grandchildren. Along with Ariana's family. We have get togethers every holiday.

I couldn't be happier. It was Y/n, Ariana, Angel, and King against the world.

Forever.

________________

happy to say that this book/series ended on a great note . i had so much fun with Infatuation and Holding Back, thank u all SO MUCH for the incredible support . ari, be mine is still ongoing and you all will be getting a brand new story very soon 😏 . thank you guys so much again, and until next time

much love, A 🤍