XII

(a/n: if i ever mentioned the year or the albums ariana has out, please ignore it. it's currently 2020, covid does not exist in this story, and ariana has only released Sweetener and Thank U, Next)

[ chapter 12 ]

november 10
6:00 p.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

We're currently about 7 months into tour. We're in Paris, France and it's already one of the best tours we've ever been on. Ariana has just released the album she was working on when I first started tour— Thank U, Next. It's fucking amazing and the support for it has been incredible.

Of course, I'm proud of her.

But I'm also upset.

Dalton's still around. Yes, I know she said at the end of my tour or whatever but damn girl, it just seems like things are getting better and better for them. They're way more public with things, she posts him all the time.

I don't know, maybe I'm tripping but it just hurts. Not gonna lie.

Apparently, Ariana and Dalton went on vacation here as well. Which is just my luck. I'm praying to God I don't see them out anywhere. But I'm so unlucky, I probably will.

"Y/n, let's go out! We're in Paris! And Shawn cant come, but I wanna see what this place has to offer." Camila gives me her classic puppy dog eyes. I smile and nod. "Of course. Where'd you wanna go first?"

"Ummm," She drags out, tapping her chin and looking up in a 'thinking' manner. "There's a restaurant that has a balcony at the top— the perfect view of the Eiffel Tower. Can we go there?" She asks.

I shrug, smiling. "I'm down. It's already 6 somethin' anyways." Her smile widens incredibly and she squeals. "Yes, yes, yes! Thank you Y/nn." I chuckle as she pecks my cheek over and over.

"No problem, C. Go get ready." She gives me one last award winning smile and then leaves my hotel room to do as I said.

I sigh and decide to change too. I stand up and set my lyric book on hotel bed, walking over to
my suitcase. I pulled out a white sleek dress shirt and some black dress pants before walking into the bathroom and showering.

I do my after-shower routine, brush my teeth, put on the outfit and then fix up my hair afterwards. I grab a belt, slide that on and then some black red bottom dress shoes. I leave the top two (three including the collar) buttons unbuttoned and tuck the dress shirt into my pants.

I slide on a diamond chain, then a gold one, and then a diamond iced-out Rolex on my left wrist. I double-check everything in the mirror, nodding in approval. I apply the final layer of deodorant, then some cologne, and send a text to Camila to let me know when she's ready.

I scroll through my Twitter feed, liking most of my fans' posts.

banana bitch 🍌 - Okay, i'm doneee . come get me dumbass
Read 7:00 p.m

me - kys
Read 7:00 p.m

I chuckle at our banter, give myself one last look, and then grab my wallet, keys, and stuff my phone in my pocket.