Chapter 6

That night as everyone slept peacefully, there was one that seemed to toss and turn. He clawed at his bedsheet, literal elongated nails like claws tore through the fabric as he attempted to suppress his powers.

He gritted his teeth and made a guttural groan, veins visible on his perspiring skin. His eyes shining from gold to his usual brown orbs as if fighting for dominance over his own body.

"I will not let you take over." Jin gritted as he agonized in his own body. He writhed and attempted to reign back control from his guardian who was literally clawing at his seams. "For years you have killed and murdered my family but I will no longer set you free. You will obey my command." Jin's eyes shone a bright gold until eventually his claws retracted and his heavy breathing slowly steadied. The rumbling in his veins and chests stopped and he could finally collapse in victory over another fight with his guardian.

The Dragon spirit.

The next morning, the birds chirped signaling the new day as the rooster crowed. Hana opened her eyes and awoke on the soft sheets of her bed, the sunlight filtering through her blinds. She got up with a big stretch reminding herself that she was on earth right now. The morning was peaceful with the sound of nature just at her doorstep, she opened it wide and sat on the edge of the engawa, taking in the surroundings of the gentle breeze.

A delicious smell of today's breakfast came wafting through the air making her stand up on attention. It was entrancing as she made her way through the halls of this large estate to find its source. Finally making it successfully to the kitchen, she perked up seeing Jimin busily cooking.

Knocking on the wooden panel gently, Jimin turned to see Hana stood there observing him. He flinched in fright, "oh Hana—! Hi how can I help you?"

Hana sniffed the air, "that smells delicious." She mused making Jimin's smile to widen.

"It's something I've always made for the young masters sometimes. It's a type of stew that really warms the heart." He stirred the stew with his ladle gently. "Is everything okay Hana? You're up early." He asked.

She nodded, "everything's okay." Her eyes were latched onto the stew that was brewing. Jimin could only chuckle before taking up a small saucer, putting some of the soup into it before holding it out.

"Here—" he offered it to her with a smile, "want to try it?"

She hesitantly took the little dish before bringing it to her mouth, her eyes widened.

"Good huh." Jimin mused at her reaction, she nodded enthusiastically.

"I've never tasted anything like it." She gasped, her eyes glittering.

Jimin hummed, "what exactly have you eaten on the moon? It's just something I've been curious about if you don't mind me asking." He put the lid back onto the pot and wiped his hands clean before facing her.

She seemed to ponder for a bit, looking up to think. "Well, I guess it's mostly lots of traditional food but after a while it just kinda tastes—" she grimaced, "the same?"

Jimin laughed, "Well, now that you're on earth, I'll make sure you don't have to eat the same thing everyday yeah?" He winked at her making her flush and look away.

"Uh— yeah thanks Jimin." She laughed nervously. "The food Jin got for us last night was pretty good but—" she bit her lip, "I think your stew tastes better." She whispered before leaving the room.

Jimin felt his heart soar, he couldn't believe the goddess actually complimented his cooking and it made him even more excited to.

You're in a good mood