Chapter 9

Hoseok was a bundle of nerves and excited at the same time. He kept looking in between the wolf and the fox who just patiently sat there waiting, showing no signs of ever wanting to harm him. That was one thing, he wasn't scared anymore, just nervous.

"We can give you more time if you'd like." Hana says gently, her warm hand that was suddenly placed on his arm made his heart thud.

Taehyung actually came forth and placed a hand onto Hana's shoulder, "Hana, if you're going to awake a guardian, I think it's best we do it some place else. There's still people around here, it could be dangerous." Taehyung whispered to her but she shook her head.

"Hoseok won't hurt us, the Kirin is also one of the calmer guardians. It's just easily frightened and if Hoseok's okay with us now then it should be alright." She looked up at Hoseok expectantly.

He still seemed deep in thought before he nodded, biting his lip nervously before facing her with full sincereness.

"I think I'm ready. At least—" he swallowed, "All of this is honestly just crazy but you guys seem like you're not lying so I'll just bite the bullet I guess." He laughed nervously. She rubbed his arm gently as if sending endorphins through him, she felt like home and it was strange.

"It'll be okay, I promise." She assured, "now please close your eyes." She started leaning in and Hoseok's heart sped up like crazy.

"W-what are you doing?!" He panicked flushing a deep red seeing her lean in close.

"Just close your eyes." Taehyung narrowed his eyes at him and he snapped them shut.

It was silent for a while, until he felt pillowy soft lips against his and then a soft chime of a bell made his eyes shoot open. Suddenly sparks of electricity and energy ran through him, he felt a surge of power and a sense of freedom rising. It felt euphoric but intense until it subsided gently. He could still feel her hand gently holding him when she pulled away.

She smiled widely at him, "Welcome back."

Hoseok could feel this new strange sensation within him, he instinctively looked down at his hand, just in the inner crest of his wrist was a crescent moon mark. His eyes widened at the sight.

"That's the mark of a Moon Guardian." Jimin step forth and showed him his wrist as well, "I too am a lost guardian so don't worry I know how you feel." He gently said, "I will help guide you through this." He smiled gently.

"T-thanks—" Hoseok stared at him in awe. Now he couldn't deny it, there was this new feeling of a very strong sense to protect the girl next to him, he was willing to do anything to always be beside her and protect her from harm which slightly scared him. Not until a few seconds ago all these new feelings were overwhelming and foreign. Yet he felt comfortable in his own skin, like it was there all along.

"You can trust Jimin to help guide you through your guardian spirit. I am glad it was awoken and peacefully rescinding in you." Hana spoke up, "you have a strong bond with your Kirin already Hoseok, I'm surprised." She smiled up at him, "you must have a very good heart for it to take such an immediate liking to you."

He flushed a bright red. No one has ever complimented him this much, let alone a beautiful girl, he was a mess.

"When will I be able to see my guardian?" He asks curiously.

Namjoon audibly sighed, "In time, right now we need to get to the important business side to this, Hoseok." He called making the man whip his head to face him, "Where do you live."