Chapter 14

Hana sat in her room all day, she still didn't know how to face Taehyung, specially with what he did. She flushed a deep red thinking about it, the embarrassment creeping back into her heart as she shook her head and squished her cheeks.

No more thinking about that!

The television kept her company through the day and even though Jin was great company, he had to leave to do some work, leaving her alone in the room again.  Sighing deeply she decided to bite the bullet at look for the others in the house as it was getting dark already.

The house at sunset was beautiful and the breeze was more frequent making the air smell pleasant and crisp. Though, slightly chilly, she wrapped her arms around herself realising she should have brought out a shawl or robe of some sort to shelter her.

As she gazed out to the beautiful courtyard, hearing the gently twinkle of the wind chime above her, she suddenly felt warmth, slip upon her shoulders encompassing her. With a gasp she turned to see the man she tried to avoid all day.

"Don't catch a cold." His velvet voice reverberated in his chest, "you maybe part goddess but you can still get sick." he gently said.

"T-thank you." She stuttered, flushing at the fact she did and mentally cursed herself for being flustered by him. The robe that was now around her shoulders encompassed her with his scent, a mix of pine and manly musk. The two stood there side by side, just watching the breeze shake the trees and grass, the sky warping in numerous colours she had never seen.

"Beautiful isn't it." He said from behind her and she nodded, eyes captivated by the wisps of orange, pinks and yellows.

"Just wondering but— the moon kingdom, is it perpetually night there?" He asked nervously. She looked back at him briefly to see how nervous he was to be with her as she was with him, she couldn't help but smile before facing forward again.

"I guess you could say that — The moon kingdom is strange. Down here on earth you experience dreams while you sleep, but in the moon kingdom, you just feel like you're perpetually in a dream." She wistfully says, Taehyung observes her features as she speaks, how her eyes reflected the sunset, the glow shined upon her skin, she was beautiful.

When her eyes met his he quickly looked away clearing his throat.

"I uhm— wanted to apologise." He said whilst glancing at her, his cheeks with a tinge of pink. "For my indecent behaviour and my outburst, I truly am sorry Hana."

He looked directly at her now and she looked away shyly, biting her lip she nodded. "It's okay, I understand as my guardian, you were only doing your job and showing your concern. And for that I forgive you."

Taehyung's eyes saddened at her words.

That's right. You're only her guardian.

He nodded solemnly, "thank you." He softly said though his heart ached tremendously and he didn't know why.

"Where is everyone?" She asked, "the house is so quiet."

Taehyung ran a hand through his locks, "Well, I believe Jimin is assisting Sena, and Namjoon and Hoseok should be coming home soon from Hoseok's family home."

Her eyes widened, "you mean Hoseok went to speak with his family?" He nodded.

"We all hope it's gone well. For us Kim's and Jimin, well—" he looked down, "I guess we're already used to living beyond the human life span. But for Hoseok it's a little complicated." He sighed deeply.

Hana nodded, she furrowed her brows in sadness, "The heavens are never fair are they."

Taehyung looked up at her with surprise before morphing into a saddened expression, he hung his head and clenched his fists, "No, they definitely aren't."