Chapter 8

The lot of them then followed Jimin through his day of errands, going to the markets which Hana enjoyed because she kept getting called 'pretty girl' and given out many free food handouts she couldn't resist.

Taehyung had to keep her on track, rolling his eyes whenever she was attracted to a stand and whenever they doted on her. Him and Namjoon even had to leer at suspicious people who kept asking her to be a part of their idol or modeling agency. To say the least, they were exhausted for a completely different reason today.

"We have been to the cafe, to not just one but two markets and you swear none of you have felt a thing." Namjoon exhaustedly slumped on a bench in the park whilst Jimin and Hana shook their heads.

Currently they were having a stroll in the park because this is what Jimin did sometimes. To their relief, Namjoon and Taehyung didn't have to fend off people who would approach her here. They just followed wherever he usually went to get any lead of some sort, but there was nothing. Even the fox was confused, he usually felt something when Jimin went out.

Hana was sat next to Namjoon lapping at her ice cream which they found was her new favorite thing in the world. The disappearing act of the strawberry shortcake was soon reconciled with an ice cream cone and all was forgiven.

Taehyung sighed, "Jimin are we really out of ideas? Surely you forgot something."

Jimin furrowed his brows and was deep in thought. "No I definitely didn't forget anything at all. These are the places I always go to and—" he suddenly straightened up. His eyes darted everywhere and Hana too even stood up, looking around.

"What— what!" Taehyung and Namjoon were also darting their eyes everywhere but they didn't know what was going on.

"The guardian is near." Hana mentions softly, her eyes scanning the area of people, "he's close I can feel it." She could feel her heart suddenly quicken. A soft chime in her ears signaled the nearness of a lost guardian.

"Yeah, I can feel it too— well, my guardian can." Jimin looks around before he suddenly starts walking in a direction, Hana following suit.

Namjoon and Taehyung look at each other in confusion before following them closely behind.

The chimes in her ear were getting louder, like a beacon of sorts. There were many people having picnics around, lots of children running everywhere. It could be anyone here until her eyes landed on someone in the distance. A man with pleasant features, he held a bike helmet in hand and was passing a container to one of the picnic goers. The bell chimed conclusively and her eyes widened.

"It's him!" She shouted and pointed at the man, however her loud accusation attracted unnecessary attention and the man in question suddenly whipped his head around to look at her. She started sprinting for him.

"Hana—!" Jimin and the others shouted and quickly ran after her.

Upon seeing a whole group he did not know off suddenly run after him, he immediately felt a sudden reason to run. He yelped and started dashing off.

"Wait—!" Hana couldn't lose him, she kept going after him as he ran through the park at full speed. He didn't know why people were chasing after him.

Hana wasn't able to catch up with him, until she felt Taehyung rush past her, he tapped her shoulder gently, flashing her a smile and a quick wink. "I'll catch him." And suddenly he picked up speed, chasing the man down who seriously was too fast for his own good.