44

"I looked at the stars, and considered how awful it would be for a man to turn his face up to them as he froze to death, and see no help or pity in all the glittering multitude."
― Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

~~~~~~~~~

wedding day.

today was the day, my love. the day where i stand beneath you, dressed in white, while you slip a ring on my finger and i say "i do", the day where i vow, to death do us part, and devote the rest of my life to you, whilst you do the same for me. today was the day where i finally receive freedom, not freedom from a title, no, freedom from any remains from jack. jack and i dated for years, however, we never married. this, was something that i cannot compare to jack. 

i awoke to the sound of my alarm ringing. 5:45 am. while i was getting into my dress in the bedroom, wil was in the hallway bathroom where mumbles slipped through the door. perhaps reciting vows.

~~~~~~~

WILBUR'S POV

~~~~~

splashing cold water on my face, i rub my eyes and stare at myself blankly in the mirror. with shaky lips i talk to myself.

"I think this time I'm dying" i whisper in a low rattling voice. my skin was pale, lips chapped and colorless. as i run my fingers through my hair, strands leave with my fingers. i take the small notebook out of my back pocket, and write down my words before looking back up.

"I think I've lost my mind, blurring the fact and the fictions, while simultaneously fixing myself up with a girl named Panadol" i improvise, looking at the orange bottle of acetaminophen on the counter, which i had taken many of, yet i still feel cold, and my stomach churns. 

"i think i've lost my mind" i quietly cry before sinking down onto the floor beneath the toilet, for the 3rd time this morning. i get up for the last time before leaving the bathroom, angrily i glare at myself in the mirror, lip still shaking.

"I think I've made my choice I'm a deceased playing victim" i curse to myself before grabbing chapstick, flipping myself off, and leaving the cold bathroom.

fuck i think to myself as lavender stands before me, covered in white, her freshly dyed black hair pulled back into a loose ponytail with her nails painted black.

"you look stunning dear" i say, choking back tears before running to hug her, sweeping her off her feet and twirling. 

"we'd better get going" she said, smiling before planting a soft kiss on my lips. i grabbed her waist and pulled her, closely examining every color in her eyes, before kissing her forehead.

"i feel better"  i lied.

"good" she smiled, before tugging me out of the apartment. 

~~~~~~~

we had decided to do a semi private wedding, only close friends and family. as we arrived, there were 3 other cars in the parking lot. approaching the open venue door, a thin blonde boy was hunched over looking at his phone, sat down on a bench. examining him, his spine was almost curved into a C, and his phone was grasped in his pale hands . i knew this boy.

"tommy!" i exclaimed, jogging over to him.

"wilbur!" tommy said back, showing the same enthusiasm. we hugged briefly, before he made his way to lavender.

"thomas" he said, sticking out his clammy hand to lavender and half bowing.

"quite the gentleman, thomas" she chuckled. tommy and i both shot each other looks that said "yikes. if only she knew" before laughing. 

as the hour went on, a few other people entered the venue such as tubbo, niki, and fundy.

"congratulations wilbur, i've been waiting for a day like this to come, she's perfect for you" niki whispered to me while shaking my hand. i blushed at her sincere words. lavender was perfect for me.