Prologue

This is Berk. It's twelve days north of hopeless, and a few degrees south of freezing to death. It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery. The village. In a word, sturdy. And it's been here for seven generations, but every single building is new. They have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets. The only problem are the pests. You see, most places have mice or mosquitos. They have...dragons.

Another dragon raid for Berk. They get them about every week. Stoick the Vast, chief of the tribe, was going from catapult from catapult helping the men. Valka, his wife, was defending the sick and elderly. She's a very strong woman. Their boy, Hiccup was in his crib back at their house which was locked tight. The parents were praying to their heart's content that a dragon wouldn't break in. Too late for that. Valka wasn't far from the house due to a baby Hiccup when she heard CLANG! The door to their house burst open and a Night Fury crawled through. Valka rushed to her house and grabbed a sword ready to defend her son with any means necessary. The Night Fury was playing with the boy and Hiccup was laughing having the time of his life. The Night Fury turned to Valka staring into her eyes. She stared back.

An axe was thrown between the dragon and the woman. The Night Fury turned to the man with the weapon snarling. Valka grabbed the dragon's wing to stop him. The Night Fury turned around and grabbed their baby boy Hiccup. The dragon flew out of the house with the crib in his clutches. Valka ran out of the house screaming the boy's name. Stoick shouted to his mean to not shoot the dragon down because if done so their baby would be killed.

Baby Hiccup was taken far from the village of Berk only to find that his destiny will be changed forever.