Chapter 3

Hiccup's POV

I was wrapped in Toothless's wings and I could hear voices mumbling about what to do with the Night Fury.

You okay Toothless?

Yeah. Are you?

Fine.

I wriggled my way out of his wings and crawled through the bola. Villagers gasped clearly not expecting a man to be with a dragon. A large man with broad shoulders with red hair and beard stepped forward with a sword clenched in his right hand. The man I remembered to be my father.

"Who are you?" He asked.

I was surprised he doesn't remember me but I answered, "Back where I live I'm called the Dragon Prince."

"And where would that be?" He said raising an eyebrow.

"Somewhere far from here." I slid my staff from its sheath on my back and turned to Toothless.

He asked stopping me, "Why do they call you the Dragon Prince?"

"I live with no humans only dragons. I am simply the Prince of Dragons; caretaker of the dragons and second in command to the king." I cut a rope from the bola.

Hurry up Hiccup. I don't like this at all...

I know...

"What are you doing?!" The chief asked again.

"What does it look like I'm doing?! I'm cutting my dragon free! Then I'm getting out of here!" I cut the rest of the ropes and Toothless was free. He stood up and people gasped stumbling backwards.

The chief grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Toothless. He growled stepping towards the chief and me. I swung my staff and hit the chief in his side causing him to let go of me. I rushed to Toothless and got in a fighting stance.

"Do you have a death wish chief?!" I threatened.

"Seize them!" He ordered.

"No! Please don't do this!" I shouted.

I shook my staff alerting nearby dragons to come to our aid when I gave the signal before it was yanked out of my hands. Two strong men gripped my arms and dragged me away. Villagers pinned Toothless to the ground and bound him with chains.

I turned my head, "No! Please don't hurt him!"

"Take them to the prison!" The chief shouted.

I'm sorry Toothless...

Don't be, we'll get out of this mess...

"Shut up!" The guy on my left demanded.

They tied my hands with ropes putting Toothless and me in cells next to each other. I sat there for hours before a door creaked. A silhouette of a woman stepped through and closed the door quietly behind her. She slid a tray of food into my cell and sat there in front of me watching. It was my mother.

"I believe you." She said.

"What do you mean?" I scooted forward and got closer to her.

"I believe that dragons aren't what we think they are...." She whispered. "But a Night Fury took my son away from me when he was just a wee thing."

"Look, you have to get me out of here. I can't be here right now." I stated.

"I know who you are, son..." She was crying now.