Chapter 7

Hiccup's POV One Week Later

I ran over to the Bewilderbeast. My king! Humans approach our shores!

How many???

One fishing vessel carrying six people! They're from Berk...

Set up defenses with the Thunderdrums and Scauldrons. Get them off our island.

My king, they're from Berk. Maybe I can learn from them and maybe convince them about dragons...

Fine but the Thunderdrums and Scauldrons go with you. They'll hide under the water and of course Toothless will come.

Thank you! I bowed and ran off. Toothless and I flew through the tunnels. The Bewilderbeast sent the Thunderdrums and Scauldrons to the ocean and set up a ring around our island. I landed Toothless behind an ice spike and climbed up it to take a peek.

"Gobber what are we doing here? This place is a dump!" A bulky kid my age said. He had some muscles looking like he works out. He kicked some sand.

"Survival trip! It's time you learned how to survive on your own in any environment!" Gobber responded.

I watched the group make camp on the shore close to my hiding spot. They group just sat in a circle around a fire talking about the dragon training they would start as soon as they got back.

Finally one of the two girls stood up and gripped her axe, "I'm going to go explore!"

That was my cue. I gripped my staff tightly and jumped down in front of the group from my ice spike. Toothless stayed hidden from them. My hood was up so they couldn't see my face. "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

The girl responded, "Who are you?! What do you want?!"

"I want you to leave! This is my island!" I demanded.

Gobber spoke, "She asked you a question."

I took off my hood. "I'm the Dragon Prince!" I responded. "Get off my island!"

"There's nothing here! It's just ice!" The girl responded.

"There's more than you think." I shook my staff and Toothless jumped down from his hiding spot. The group stumbled back. "Now. Get off my island."

The bulky kid who complained spoke up, "Oh yeah! What are you gonna do about it?!"

"I am the Prince of Dragons. I protect my own. I am destined to bring humans and dragons together but the more people I meet the more I question it." I pointed my staff at them. "I said, get off."

"You're a human and you call dragons your own?!" Gobber asked shocked.

I nodded.

"Why?!" Gobber responded.

I left his question unanswered for now.

"Who's going to stop us?!" The bulky kid asked.

I smirked at his courage. He has no idea who he's dealing with. "Me." I let out a short battle cry and lunged at the bulky kid. I swung my staff and hit him in side. He tried hitting me with his mace but I blocked it with my staff. Toothless surrounded the remaining of the group as I fought the kid. I pinned the kid to the ground and shoved his mace away. Astrid gripped her axe tightly trying to find an angle on Toothless. I shook my head. I kicked her hand knocking her axe out of her hands. "Don't you people listen?!" They shook their heads. "Fine have it your way." I spun my staff in a circle and slammed it on the ground. The Thunderdrums and Scauldrons rose out of the water. "Pack up your campsite and leave. They will escort you back to Berk. Or they'll chase you away from here. Your choice."

Gobber raised his hands, "Fine we'll leave. But you should know Dragon Prince you're betraying your own kind."

"Someday you'll understand. Humans slaughter dragons when they do nothing but defend themselves. When you get back tell your chief to go north through the gate and go to island with a volcano on it. It's the dragons' nest..." I trailed off.

Hiccup...

It's part of my plan...

The group looked at me in shock that I was talking to a dragon. I continued, "He can try and take it but he'll fail. Trust me."