Chapter 19

Hiccup's POV

Toothless and I flew through the tunnels and landed in our old cave. There was stuff there like someone had been living here.

"Hello?!" I called out.

Hello?!

I rushed out into the sanctuary to see a girl playing with the Bewilderbeast. I went over to the cliff ledge.

"Who are you?" I asked.

She climbed up to me, "I should ask you the same."

"I'm the Dragon Prince I used to live here for fifteen years. And who might you be?" I said.

"I'm Kota the Dragon Princess." She explained.

I looked at the king. Can you explain?

Five years ago she stumbled upon the island with her dragon. Both injured and weak.

I see...

A Night Fury with violet eyes landed next to Kota. I gasped. Toothless looked shocked.

"Another one?!" I said.

"You have a Night Fury?!" She asked.

"Yeah. Toothless. Kota. Kota Toothless." I introduced them.

Toothless looked at her Night Fury and backed to me. I shrugged.

"And what is your real name?" She asked.

"Hiccup." I replied.

"Well Hiccup I suggest you tell me your story and I'll tell you mine." She sat down dangling her feet over the edge.

I sat next to her and began. "When I was a baby there was a dragon raid. Toothless broke into my house and took me here. I lived here for fifteen years helping the king with rescuing dragons and helping islands with their problems. I quickly got the name Dragon Prince mostly from the dragons that live here. At fifteen I defeated the Red Death. That's when my family recognized so I stayed at Berk. But everyday I came to this island and still helped the king."

"Wow. We have very similar stories Hiccup." She paused. "My village flourished with of course the dragon raids. I found Sky one day missing a left tailfin. I built her a prosthetic and befriended her. We were best friends. Then I was put into the impossible. Dragon Training. Somehow I was chosen to kill the dragon but instead when Sky came to rescue me because the dragon pinned me to the ground I left. I already had a saddle bag attached to her so I ran away. We crashed on many islands before we got here. I've been helping the king since. I even rescued you that night when we were destroying the fort." She explained.

Kota and I talked for a few hours before I decided it was time to go home. I stood up, "Kota come with me. In Berk we live in peace with the dragons. You and Sky could have a life there. We could have a life there."

She looked at the king and then looked at me nodding. I smiled.