Chapter 4

Hiccup's POV

"Mom, if you believe in me you have to let me go. I can't be here." I choked.

"Hiccup, I missed you so so much. But you're dad wants to hold a trial." She grabbed the bars of the cell.

"I have a plan." I paused. "Mom, no matter what happens, don't stop believing." I said.

She nodded and walked out of the prison.

*Time Skip*

Toothless and I were thrown into the center of the arena both of us tied. My staff was with my father who was sitting on his chair.

"So called Dragon Prince you have been accused of violating the laws of the viking. Riding our enemy. A dragon. The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself. Your punishment. Death. To you and the beast." My dad announced.

"If you kill me or my dragon, all hell will be unleashed on your village. The king will not do well if he finds out that his prince and his dragon are dead." I stated.

"Who said you could speak?!" He shouted.

I ignored him and continued, "When I was young I was told that I have the destiny to bring dragons and humans together. I intend to fulfill my destiny..."

Now!

Dragons flew in from the forest burning the arena barrier to a crisp. They burned the ropes around my wrist. I climbed up the wall and over to my dad who had my staff. He tried using my own weapon against me but I just ducked. I yanked it from his arms and hit him numerous times. Villagers scrambled around trying trying to get into the arena. The dragons are working on the chains around Toothless.

I laughed at my own father, "I'm the only person who can use this staff. Fool."

"You dare call me a fool!" He said enraged.

"Yeah! I do! You don't even recognize who I am!" I shouted.

He stumbled back bewildered. I jumped back down into the arena and climbed on Toothless. I shook my staff and we took off into the skies with the dragons behind us. I winked at my mother before speeding off back to my home.