Chapter 11

Hiccup's POV

We found my dad in the forge helping Gobber. "Uh...Chief can we talk for a second?"

"Sure what is it Dragon Prince?" He walked out of the forge pulling us aside.

"Uh...well...I'm known by a different name. A name that you know all so well..." I started.

"Spit it out boy!" He said frustrated.

"My name is Hiccup... I'm your son..." I muttered.

"It can't be...he was taken by a..." I cut him off.

"Night Fury." I finished for him. "Toothless took me to a dragon sanctuary. I was raised by and with dragons. The king of the nest protects the dragons and me sometimes and he isn't like the Red Death I defeated. He's an amazing creature. I've been living with them for fifteen years Dad..."

He pulled me into a bone crushing hug and let go, "I am so sorry I almost killed you!"

I chuckled, "Thanks I guess...but do you see why I stayed away for so long?! The day you captured us I was just sent to fly over to check on the village because of the raids. "

"I understand son!" He clapped me on the shoulder. He looked at my mom who was smiling. "Did you know about this?!"

She nodded, "The day you shot him down and when he emerged from the wings of his dragon I knew."

"Tonight we celebrate!" He grinned.