Chapter 2

Hiccup's POV 15 Years Later

I've been living with dragons for fifteen years. Toothless and I go flying everyday, and he told me that he took me here for a reason. I believe him. I stayed away from my old home to protect them and the dragons. I stood in the entrance of our cave with my staff in my right hand. I learned over the years about dragons responding to noises. I didn't even bother to make Toothless a saddle when I was old enough; I stand or sit on him bareback with my staff. I stood there watching the dragons play and fly around me. I smiled; life is great here.

I walked down to the next cliff ledge and followed the steps until I stood in front of the Bewilderbeast. He's the alpha and I greet him every morning. Toothless told me that he allowed me to stay here because I have a destiny. I believe in that destiny. Over the years I learned how to speak dragonease, the language of the dragons.

Good morning, my king....I bowed to the almighty dragon.

Good morning Hiccup...he blew some frost on my shaggy auburn air. The Bewilderbeast does this every morning as a greeting and I always brush it off.

Is there anything you would like me to do for you?

Check on Berk village for me. I heard from of the other dragons there was another raid last night.

Of course my king.

Take your time, I'm in no hurry.

I laughed and rushed up to Toothless. We flew away from my home and towards Berk. I fly over the island almost everyday. The raids are getting more frequent and I know I'm going to have to act soon. My armour and hooded cloak are conpletely made out of Toothless's scales. It was dawn and Berk was in sight.

As we got closer the horn blew and someone shouted, "Night Fury!!!!" Not a minute later a bola was wrapped around us and we crashed to the ground in the village.