Chapter 9

Hiccup's POV

The chief laughed, "In your dreams Prince. Now get out of here before I actually kill you this time."

I shook my head and jumped on Toothless. We flew up into the clouds and hovered.

You call that a plan?

Yeah you'll see.

We watched the vikings blow a hole in the mountain. My dad stood in entrance of the cave waiting for something to happen. Some Berkians lit a rock on fire and shot it through the tunnel. I couldn't see what was in it but I assumed there were loads of dragons. My dad let out a battle cry and begun swinging his hammer at the dragons.

Hey dragons! Go on! Get out of here! Go to the island west of Berk! It's covered in giant spikes of ice!

Thank you Dragon Prince!

They all bowed their heads and flew away from the tyranny of the Red Death. The island rumbled and the Red Death roared. She climbed out of hole and faced the vikings. My dad turned to Spitelout and told him something I couldn't hear from up here but probably something along the lines of get them out of here. My dad and Gobber faced the dragon and begun to distract it. The Red Death opened its mouth and got ready to fire at the two vikings.

That was my cue. Alright Toothless time for the plan. We dove down towards the Red Death and Toothless let out a screech.

"Night Fury!!!!"

"Get down!!!!"

BOOM! Toothless fired a plasma blast into the dragon's shoulder. She looked at us with fury and rage in her eyes.

Dragon Prince! I told you to never come back here!

I did! To stop you!

We flew up and shot another plasma blast into her other shoulder causing her to fall to the ground. The Red Death opened her wings and started flying after us. Toothless and weaved in and out of the rock pillars. We shot straight up into the dark clouds disappearing from the sight of the dragon.

Where'd you go?!

I laughed and Toothless dove screeching and shot another plasma blast in her neck. We shot many plasma blasts at the Red Death before I decided to end this.

Come on Toothless let's finish this!

We nose dived to the island with the Red Death following us. She opened her mouth preparing to burn us to a crisp. Hold Toothless...NOW!!! We flipped over and Toothless shot a plasma blast in her mouth sparking an explosion. The island came into view and we pulled up. The Red Death tried but her wings ripped sending her to her death. Toothless and I flew through her spikes. Her tail came into view and she made one last effort to end us. She swung her tail and hit us. I fell off falling into the explosion. I saw Toothless diving after me before darkness took over.