Chapter 10

Hiccup's POV

Something cool and wet was on my forehead. I blinked my eyes open to see Toothless licking my forehead.

Ew that's gross Toothless...

Hiccup! You're okay!

Yeah yeah I'm fine!

I lifted the blanket. My left foot was gone and replaced by a metal peg leg. I gasped and swung my legs over the bed. I slowly stood up only to fall. Toothless caught me with his head.

Thanks bud...

I took in my surroundings and I was in a house. I must be on Berk. Oh no. We walked outside only to be greeted by the villagers and...dragons. What?

My dad walked up, "What do you think Dragon Prince?"

"It's amazing! I...thank you but I really should be going." I said.

"No, you need to rest and practice walking on that new leg. Here you go." He said handing me my staff. I'm surprised it's still in one piece.

I walked around the village and all the dragons bowed as I walked by. Why are you all bowing?

You saved us Dragon Prince.

Wait, I sent you all to the king. What are you doing here?

The king sent us back here saying that you united our worlds, we're just the ones from the other island.

Does he know I'm alive?

Yes he does, he sensed you...he says to come back on your own time with your decision.

My decision???

The dragon shrugged and I continued walking around the village. My mother ran towards me her arms outstretched.

I chuckled, "Mom not now!" I whispered. "I haven't told Dad yet."

"Oh...come on! There's someone I want you to meet!" She took off towards the edge of the village. I raced after her.

We stood in front of a large owl-like four winged dragon. A Stormcutter. I never seen you at the sanctuary...

I have heard of such a place but I stayed here on the archipelago...your mother is a remarkable woman....

Thank you!

"Hiccup what are you speaking?!" My mom asked.

"Dragonease, the language of the dragons." I responded.

You should teach her your language. I laughed.

Someday I will.

"Hiccup you need to tell him..." My mother interrupted.

I froze then nodded, "Fine let's go..."