Chapter 2: Training

"Hey Shinji."

"Huh? What's it?" He asked as you and him walked inside the hideout. Specifically down in the basement where you could train.

"Two very strong reiatsu just landed. They're Espada."

Shinji sighed. "What a pain. Is anyone there?"

You nodded. "Inoe Orihime, Sado Yasutora, Arisawa Tatsuki, umm... Kurosaki Ichigo, Urahara Kisuke, Shihōin Yoruichi. That's it."

Shinji frowned at you. "Elaborate."

"Inoe-san is the girl with the orange hair. Sado is the guy with brown hair. They followed you. Tatsuki is a random girl with reiatsu. You know Ichigo, Kisuke and Yoruichi."

"Random girl with reiatsu?" Shinji questioned. "Why is she there?"

You shrugged. "Don't know. Why ask me? I only sensed her reiatsu. If you wanna know so bad, why don't you go ask her?"

Shinji sighed again, taking his sword out. "Ya wanna fight me right? That's why ya came here."

You nodded, taking out your own Zanpakuto. "Precisely. Let's not go all out because I will die if we do that."

Shinji chuckled. "Still don't know how to counter the Inverted World?"

You shook your head, taking your fighting stance. "'Course not. That's the most confusing ability I've ever encountered. I'd prefer to never fight against that again."

"So only swords? What about the masks?"

"Your choice."

"Hmm... No masks. Fighting ability with katana only."

3rd person's PoV

As (Y/n) and Shinji were about to cross swords, Hiyori went to check up on them. "Shinji? (Y/n)?"

Right as she set foot in the basement, (Y/n)'s and Shinji's katanas clashed. Hiyori held her arm in front of her face to shield from the wind and enormous reiatsu that came from the two of them.

"What the hell." Hiyori muttered.  "I'll come back later!" She yelled, turning around and leaving the basement and returning to the others.

"Hiyori?" Kensei walked up to her when Hiyori closed the entrance to the basement. "Why are you closing it?"

"Ya will die if ya go down there." Hiyori replied, walking further and sitting down on the ground.

"What are they doing?" Rōjūrō asked, going through his hair again. "It's rather noisy."

"Take a guess, idiot." Hiyori said, putting her hands behind her head and closing her eyes. "They're fightin' of course!"

"(Y/n) and Shinji?" Love questioned, looking at the entrance of the basement. "Now I understand why you closed it."

Mashiro seemed to be asleep and Lisa was reading her weird magazines. Hiyori was trying to get some sleep, Love, Rōjūrō and Kensei were playing cards together.

Hiyori couldn't get to sleep because of all the noise. (Y/n) and Shinji were going all out with their katanas, not even in Shikai mode.

The cards that Rōjūrō, Kensei and Love were playing with, constantly moved. Shinji's attacks seemed to have some impact because every time (Y/n) blocked, the floor began vibrating, making the cards move.

Same with (Y/n)'s attacks. Whenever she attacked Shinji, he instantly got pushed down, making a hole in the ground because of his feet.

Their sparring continued for quite a while. Before they even realized, it was around 4 AM. Everyone was asleep when (Y/n) and Shinji came back from the basement.