Chapter 15: House Kurosaki

"So you're the one that told Ichigo about the Final Getsuga." You stated after Isshin told you everything that happened from the point that you 'died'.

"I'm sorry (Y/n)." Isshin apologized. "There was no other way."

You smiled. "It's okay, I understand. Eventually he'll get his powers back."

Isshin nodded, standing up from the couch. "Do you want anything to drink?"

"No I'm good, thanks." You replied, watching Isshin yell to the girls that you were done.

After a few minutes, only Karin came downstairs. "Kyōraku-san... I, um.. Well..."

"Sit down, take your time. Do you want Isshin to be here?"

Karin shook her head. Isshin smiled, understanding the situation and leaving the room, joining Yuzu who was still upstairs.

Once Isshin was gone, Karin spoke up. "Are you... also a... um Shinigami?"

You nodded with a soft smile. "I am. Did you know because of my reiatsu?"

Karin nodded. "Yeah. It's that weird heavy feeling, right?"

"Is it heavy?!" You suddenly said, not aware anymore that you were leaking too much. Back in Soul Society, you said that you would conceal it as much as possible. Apparently that failed already now that Karin pointed it out. "Sorry." You apologized, lowering the amount by a lot. "Better?"

Karin nodded again. "Yes. Can you.. help me?"

You frowned. "What do you need help with?"

"I can see the Hollows and the Spirits."

"Ah... Have you gone to Urahara Kisuke already?" You asked her. She nodded, again, you continued. "Well, my base of operations is Soul Society. I can't stay here forever, you should ask him."

Then the front door opened and Ichigo walked in. "Karin? (Y/n)?"

"Yo, Ichigo!" You put your hand up to greet him. "Isshin and Yuzu are upstairs if you're wondering where they are."

Karin stood up, bowing to show her gratitude. "Thank you, Kyōraku-san."

"Just (Y/n) is fine and don't be afraid to come to me if you need anything. You know how to fine me." You told her and watched her go upstairs.

Ichigo didn't really know what to do. "Want to go to my room?"

You nodded, standing up from the couch and straightening your clothes. "Let's go."

Ichigo and you moved upstairs and Isshin, Karin and Yuzu moved back downstairs. "Ichigo, Isshin told me about what happened."

"Thought so." He replied, opening the door to his room, letting you inside.

You walked in and sat down on Ichigo's bed, like you used to. Ichigo took his chair and sighed, dropping his bag on the ground.

"You seem so down." You commented. "There's no need to be down, isn't this what you wanted? I mean, that's what you told me."

Ichigo looked at his desk. "I did say that... You used to say that you liked being able to see ghosts."

You chuckled, reviewing the past was something you loved to do. The past was filled with bright days. Living in Soul Society was always fun, you could die any time so you should enjoy every day.

"I do still like that. I also like my job. Speaking about my job, I got my position as Lieutenant back!" You said happily, a smile appearing on your face.