Chapter 5: Lieutenant Kyōraku

When you opened your eyes again, you saw that you were laying in your room. "Finally awake." Someone said.

You looked next to you and saw Shinji sitting on a chair with one leg over the other. "Shinji? How long have I been out for?"

"A day." He replied, standing up. "Good thing you woke up, I can go get Ichigo out of his mess now."

It took you a few seconds to sense the enormous reiatsu coming from outside. "Are those Espada?"

Shinji nodded. "And Ichigo is dyin' to one of em. He didn't wanna listen to us."

You sighed, getting up as well. "I'll assist you."

Shinji pushed you back down. "No. Stay here. Ya're still recoverin'."

You sighed in annoyance. "Fine. Go help him. I'll stay here... I guess."

Shinji walked out of the room and you stood up. As you tried to walk out of the room, you got stopped by Kensei. "You go back."

You sighed. "Why? I want to help Ichigo too!"

"That's exactly why..." Kensei took you off the ground. "...you should be in bed." He put you down on the bed and sighed.

You sat up in the bed and crossed your arms. "Shinji asked you to do this right?"

"Yes for once I agree with him. Stay in bed (Y/n), you passed out yesterday. Rest." He commanded, sitting down on the chair where Shinji sat previously.

"But Kensei! These Espada seem strong and I want to do something!" You whined, pouting.

Kensei sighed again. "No. If you want a challenge, fight against Shinji's Inverted World."

"Fine." You said, standing up.

"What are you doing?"

"Asking Shinji if he wants to fight me."

Kensei pushed you back on the bed. "No. Not until you've recovered your reiatsu."

You smirked. "Alright."

"What?"

"I'll heal myself using Kidō." As you said that, you put both your hands on your chest. Out of your hands came a green glow.

Kensei didn't know what to say. He couldn't stop you because all he was told to do was keep you in your room. Healing yourself was allowed.

"Say, Kensei."

"Hmm? What now?"

"Tell me a story."

"Story?"

You nodded, laying down more comfortably. "About your days as a Captain."

"Why don't you tell me how you actually became a Lieutenant? You were practically the same as Urahara Kisuke, lazy, joking around,.."

You chuckled. "Look, Kisuke and I are best friends... I may have picked up some bad habits from him but that doesn't mean that I couldn't get my work done."

"Were you always in Squad 11? I remember you being in Kyōraku's Squad."

"Yeah, I started off in my brother's Squad and transferred to Squad 11, under Zaraki." You chuckled at the thought of your Squad. "They didn't really like me though."

Flashback

Shunsui walked up to you and put his hand on your shoulder. "(Y/n)-chan, you've been promoted to Lieutenant in Squad 11!"

You frowned. "Squad 11?" In your eyes the 11th Division was still nothing more but a bunch of junkies.

Shunsui nodded, taking your hand. "I've decided! I'm sure you'll fit right in."