Chapter 11: Inner World

"(Y/n)."

It's dark.

"(Y/n)!"

Why is there a voice?

"Wake up dammit!"

I'm dead aren't I?

"Ugh. Who's the lazy one now?"

Suddenly your eyes opened and you gasped, sitting up. When you looked around, you noticed that you were in your inner world. "Enkai?"

"Ah jeez." A voice came from behind you. "You really did me dirty eh?"

You frowned, looking behind to see your Zanpakuto stand there with a glass of water. "What happened?"

"Basically," Enkai sat down next to you. "you passed out and because you're currently very close to death, I couldn't keep the Bankai up and you know how it works."

You nodded. "After using Bankai, put the two scythes back and let them fuse together again. Otherwise Enkai will be broken for a while."

"Precisely. So I have a plan. I'm keeping you alive because water heals. When I say go, I'm going to give you your consciousness back, you put the two scythes together. Their pommels need to be touching." Enkai explained.

"How do I get back?"

Enkai sat there, dumbfounded. "You're a real stupid mess sometimes, just lose consciousness again."

You blinked a few times. "Um. Alright. What's going on over there?"

Enkai shrugged. "I think Gin and Ichigo are just watching Kisuke, Yoruichi and Isshin fight Aizen. You beat him up quite well. You actually managed to make him bleed."

You chuckled. "Heh, that seems like a fine accomplishment. Alright I'm ready."

"Aight. On three, three, two, one, go!"

Real world

You shot up, immediately grasping the place where you were stabbed. Your whole body tingled from the pain and you grunted.

Ichigo was standing next to your body, watching the fight against Aizen. He heard you shoot up and kneeled down. "(Y/n)?! You're awake! Thank god. But stay down."

Through heavy breaths you tried to say something. Ichigo held his ear close to your mouth. "Ichigo... My Zanpakuto." You struggled to mumble.

Ichigo clearly understood you and began looking around for it. Once he found it, he took the broken katana to you and put it down next to you.

You signaled him to come down again and whispered: "I won't die. It will look like I'm dead, but I'm not. Enkai needs to heals themselves. Until then, I'll be unconscious... or dead."

Ichigo got back up and nodded. You put two pieces of the katana next to each other, so it would be easy to heal and laid down. "Ichigo..."

"Huh?" Ichigo leaned down again. "Is there something else?"

"Knock me out. I won't get back otherwise." You mumbled in between deep breaths. It was still difficult to breath and everything hurt. "Make it look like you kill me."

Ichigo's eyes widened. "I can't do that!"

You closed your eyes and smiled. "Just do it."

Ichigo looked around anxiously and eventually decided that it's for the best. He knocked you out.

Gin walked up to Ichigo. "Did you kill her?" He asked, walking up to your body.

Ichigo scoffed. "None of your business, go away."

"Her reiatsu is gone." Gin noted, crouching down next to your body. "Let me check..."

"Go away!" Ichigo yelled, slashing Zangetsu at Gin.

Gin jumped away, avoiding the hit. "Ho ho, watch out or you'll hit her. Not it matters, her heartbeat stopped anyways."

Ichigo looked back at your body and his eyes widened. "No way..." It wasn't that he didn't believe what you said, he just found it so weird that it actually worked.

Deep down, Ichigo knew that you were alive and safe. You wouldn't have said it otherwise.

Inner world

"(Y/n)? Did it work?"

You slowly opened your eyes and sat up. The pain was gone, there was no hole in your chest and breathing was an awful lot easier.

"It worked, Enkai. I put the broken katana together, you can start healing now." You told your Zanpakuto spirit. "By the way, what did you mean by 'it will look like you're dead'?"

Enkai chuckled. Which is a weird because Enkai doesn't chuckle. "Well, your heartbeat stopped, your reiatsu vanished. Don't be surprised if you wake up and have been buried alive."

You were completely taken aback by what they had just said. "You're kidding, right?"

"Not at all. Gin checked your heat rate. It was gone, Ichigo was quite shocked too." Enkai explained, standing up and walking over to the fountain that stood in the middle of the park.

You stood up as well and sighed. "I wonder how he got out of that... All my attacks hit. Right?"

Enkai shook their head and sat back down on the edge of the fountain. "They hit, but they didn't hit him."

"What?" You questioned, walking up to Enkai.

"Sōsuke place multiple illusions in front of him. So you thought you were hitting him but actually you were just murdering his illusions. Sōsuke himself was just chilling behind them." Enkai explained stretching a little before standing up again.

You sighed. "Well, at least I tried... Is there anything we can do while we're here?"

Enkai shrugged. "Nothing much. Why do you think I sleep all the time? We can train if you'd like. No skills are perfect yet."

"Training again... Well at least, if I wake up I'll be even stronger than before."

"Is it a plan?" Enkai questioned, already taking out the training equipment. "Well, you don't really have a choice."

"Wow, thanks Enkai." You mumbled in a sarcastic tone.

Enkai walked up to you, they were actually quite a bit shorter than you. "Hey. I'm your Zanpakuto remember, I'm quite strong. Oh! Why don't we get that Hollow of yours out too."

As Enkai said that, their flower crown went up in dust and the dust formed the Hollowfied version of you. "So there we go. Hollowfied you."

"Yo." The Hollow greeted you. "Good to see you but why am I here again?"

You smiled, seeing the Hollow again. Enkai and yours color scheme was blue and black, the Hollow's scheme was white and blue. "Yo, apparently I'm in some kind of coma and Enkai called you out to help me train."

The Hollow nodded. "Seems smart, by fighting yourself you basically get stronger... I'm not you though... But I am..."

Enkai growled, coming in between you two. "Stop. Now. Let's get going. We have a lot to do. And a lot of time."

"Yeah so what's the problem?" The Hollow and you said at the same exact time.

Enkai took a deep breath and sighed. "Let's just start already, I'm tired of just listening to you two."

You pouted a little, crossing your arms. "So Enkai, what do we start with?"

"My Bankai."

Word count: 1118