Chapter 22: Life as a Captain?

Kira woke up on the couch in the office of the Captain of the 3rd Division. He looked around, pretty disoriented.

The clock said that it was 10 AM. You were still asleep on your desk. Kira stood up and walked up to you. "She actually started her paperwork?"

He walked out of the office and soon came back with a whole meal. Some of it went to Rōjūrō's desk and some on his own.

Kira split the food on his own desk into two, one for you and one for himself. He sat down at his own desk and began working on his own paperwork while eating his meal.

An hour later you woke up. Your head shot up to the clock as you fell off your chair. "It's 11 AM?!"

Kira looked up from his desk. "Is something the matter?"

"Kira-san?!" You said surprised, sitting back on your chair. "I didn't see you there."

He stood up and took your part of the meal with him. "I thought you were good at sensing reiatsu."

You dumbfounded. "Yeah I am but it's morning... When it's morning, I'm not aware of anything. Is this for me?"

Kira nodded, putting it down on your desk. "I went to get food anyways. Ōtoribashi-san is here too by the way."

Your head shot towards Rōjūrō's desk. "Oh! Yo Rōjūrō! Didn't see you there!"

"Morning (Y/n). Hiyori wanted to talk to you."

"Hiyori?" You questioned, taking a bite of the croissant. "Is she here?"

"Why would she be?" Rōjūrō asked, throwing his arms to the side. "I meant over the phone."

You looked at the Denreishinki on your desk and saw that she had tried to call you multiple times. "Whoops... Okay I'm calling her back, be ready to get screamed at."

"(Y/n)!"

She yelled alright. You held the phone at a distance from your ear before you said anything, letting her do her thing.

"Why didn't ya pick up eh?! I called like fifty times!"

"Hehe."

"Ya ain't 'hehe'-ing me!"

"Well, I was asleep. For some reason I was awake all night doing paperwork."

"Ya have that much paperwork as a Lieutenant? I ain't rememberin' that."

"Right, you don't know yet..."

"Know what?!"

"I got forcefully promoted to Captain of the 3rd Division. Yes I took Rōjūrō's place but I like it here."

"Whaaatt?! No way! Ya actually!— Bwhahaha!"

"Why are you laughing? I'm serious!"

"Yer a Captain?! That's hard to believe! Who's yer Lieutenant?"

"Ōtoribashi Rōjūrō and Kira Izuru."

"Rose?! Rose?! Actually?"

Rōjūrō stood up and took the phone out of your hands. "Yes me. Any problems?"

"Gha—! Rose? Give the phone back!"

"Yeah Rōjūrō! Hand me my phone back!"

Rōjūrō sighed, handing the phone back in defeat. "Alright! Don't go yelling at me."

"Alright, yo Hiyori."

"Aight. Oh I wanted to ask ya somethin'."

"Ask away."