Chapter 16: Mayuri's experiments

"Are you going to continue your story?" Ichigo questioned when he saw you walked towards the door.

You nodded, opening the door. "I'm going to get that mattress first. I'll forget it otherwise."

Ichigo nodded in agreement. He knew you're bad at remembering stuff. "You know where to find them."

With that, you closed the door behind you and walked downstairs. "Hey Isshin, can I borrow a mattress? I'm staying the night."

Isshin looked up from the couch and pointed at a door. "Sure. We have one laying over there. Don't ask how it got there."

When you looked at the door he was pointing at, you noticed he was pointing at the storage room. You blinked a few times and just decided to take a look.

As you opened the door, the mattress fell down. You jumped away on time and let the mattress hit the ground. "Isshin, how in the world did this happen?"

Isshin snickered. "I told you not to ask."

You took the mattress out of the storage. "I have so many questions."

Yuzu snickered as well and Karin just sighed. "Yuzu and dad put it in there to confuse you."

You sighed, taking the mattress and slamming it onto Isshin's head. "That'll teach him. Don't worry Yuzu-chan, I don't hurt children." A grin appeared on your face as Isshin crawled back up.

"(Y/n)! That really hurt!" He whined, stroking his own head in pain.

You slid the mattress off the couch and smirked. "As it should. Well, I'm off to Ichigo's room again."

Yuzu and Karin waved you off and turned to Isshin. "Dad, did she sleep here often?" Karin asked when you were upstairs.

Isshin nodded. "A lot. Usually when you two were out. (Y/n) only ever came by when Ichigo was the only one home."

Yuzu looked towards the door. "They seem like good friends."

Isshin smiled. "They met when Ichigo was in middle school."

You opened the door to Ichigo's room and threw the mattress inside. Ichigo was shocked and crawled backwards to the edge of his bed. "(Y/n)! Watch out with that thing!"

You looked at Ichigo who was wearing a shocked expression on his face, completely in defense mode. "Sorry. Isshin and Yuzu somehow got this thing in the storage room."

"Storage room?" Ichigo questioned, getting off his bed and putting the mattress down on the ground next to his bed.

You nodded, plopping down on Ichigo's bed and dropping your sheathed Zanpakuto on the mattress. "Yes, they wanted to confuse me. Well, they succeeded. I was very confused."

Ichigo sat back down on his bed as well. "Do you want any dinner?"

You shook your head. "No I'm good. I'm a Soul after all, I don't really need food. Anyways I'll continue my story. Bear in mind, it continues one week later."

Flashback

"Kyōraku, are you ready for the experiments?" Mayuri asked when you and him arrived in his lab.

You put your Zanpakuto on the table and nodded. "I'll focus on materializing them now."

After a few seconds of solely concentrating, the Zanpakuto changed forms and Enkai appeared. The Spirit stretched and grunted. "Why must I do this?"