Chapter 21: Kira Izuru

You and Zaraki had attracted quite the crowd.

Many people from many different Divisions were all gathered in the open space. They all sensed immense amounts of reiatsu and went to check it out.

Zaraki had removed his eyepatch and was laying on the ground. He had multiple cuts and was unable to move.

You only released your Zanpakuto and were standing with some cuts. It made you a clear winner.

"Damn..." Zaraki cursed under his breath. "You got so much stronger."

"It's an honor to hear that from you, Captain Zaraki." You replied with a grin on your face. "Need someone from Squad 4?"

Yachiru stepped in between you and him and smiled. "Thank you for fighting Ken-chan, (Y/n)-chan! I'll be taking him with me!"

You watched Yachiru take Zaraki and shunpo away. "Well then."

Kira ran up to you, panting a little. "Captain!"

You smiled when you saw your Lieutenant run up to you. "Hey Kira-san! If you're going to ask me if I'm okay, yes I'm perfectly fine. It was quite nostalgic to do this again but this time it ended in victory and not a draw."

Kira managed to catch his breath. "It used to end in a draw?"

"Yep. After I joined Squad 11, Zaraki and I would spar like every day." You explained to Kira, still smiling.

Suddenly he began healing the cuts on your arm. "Please stay still, Captain."

"This is really nice of you, Kira-san but it's not needed." You told him, staying still because he will get mad if you moved. "I'll be fine."

"I-I know... But still." Kira continued healing you nonetheless.

A few seconds later, Shinji showed up. "Yo! (Y/n)!"

"Hi Shinji!" You waved at him with your other hand. "I'm preoccupied at the moment. What's up?"

"I'm just mad I missed the spectacle!" He whined, plopping down on the ground next to you. "Ya could've told me!"

You chuckled, waving a hand in front of you. "Sorry sorry! I went straight to Zaraki after being introduced to my Squad."

"Oh yeah, how is yer Squad?" Shinji asked, putting his arms behind him to lean on his hands.

"It seems like a nice Squad, nice people. Just my first impression of course." You told Shinji. "We'll see."

Kira had healed one arm and moved on to the next, without saying a word. Shinji looked at him with a questionable look on his face. "Yer Lieutenant?"

"Yep. This is Kira Izuru, the Lieutenant of Squad 3. We're pretty much opposites. I heard he doesn't like fighting." You introduced Kira to Shinji. "Right?"

Kira looked up. "Er... Yes."

"See."

Shinji dumbfounded. "I sometimes wonder how yer able to socialize like that."

You shrugged. "Don't know... I mean you know Shunsui, aren't we like... alike?"

"Yes yes, you two are." Shinji said, standing up. "Anyways I came here to ask ya something."

You looked at the Shinji. "What is it?"

He took out some kind of bottle. "Put some of yer reiatsu in here. Ya must've heard it from Urahara Kisuke."

"I did. Kira-san, can you step back a bit? I don't want to accidentally take your reiatsu as well."

Kira nodded, stopping to heal your last cuts and stepped back. Shinji opened the bottle and you put your hand on it.