New Found Family ♥ |✨ (sister!reader)

Dec 21st, 2019

A/N: I'm a hardworking young woman and you guys should appreciate my humble work

Words: 545

Warnings: None!

Request: Okay but what about an Annabeth and sister, it's their first Christmas together and just have a fun girls night? There's almost never anything Annie related.

-Danny

When Annie offered to stay, you were a bit self-conscious about it. Like sure, it was your first Christmas together, but also it had been like a year since she'd seen her family so you didn't know if it was a good idea. Still, she insisted and we all know how stubborn she can get.

And what about the gift? You had to be super thoughtful about that too! Annie was a special girl, so she certainly had high standards. It took you the whole month to find something that felt barely good enough.

But Christmas Eve arrived, and the two of you decided to spend the whole afternoon (and night) in the Big House.

"I got us Lasagna," Annie sat next to you, holding a big, warm plate of the food, "and punch. Later I can get hot cocoa I think..."

"This is fine," You smiled, taking the bowl and putting in on the table.

"So, I know it's not a lot but it's something," She smiles awkwardly at you, "How were your Christmas before camp?"

"Uh, not too fancy, I enjoyed every single one though, they were fun"

"At camp, we don't actually celebrate Christmas cause it's not a greek tradition, yet we know plenty of kids look forward to the festivities so we do what we can"

"That's cool," You nod, smiling faintly, "thank you for trying"

"You're my sister, I wanted to make you feel like you're home."

"I am home," You retorted, grabbing a big piece of the lasagna, "oh, I got you something!"

You take the box from behind your seat and hand it to her. The package is neatly wrapped and it has a card on it.

"Dear Hestia! It looks so pretty, it almost makes me feel guilty to break the wrapper," Annabeth scrunched up her nose, looking for a place to begin, "I got something for you too, by the way"

She leaves her gift aside and grabs another one, this one is smaller and thinner, but is just as carefully wrapped as yours. When you rip apart the paper, you reveal a framed pictured: All your siblings and you, standing outside your cabin, you're between Annabeth and Malcom, both of them have their arms around your shoulders and are smiling, you look a bit nervous but happy.

"If you're gonna stay, you should have a picture of your whole family, don't you think?" She winks at you, ruffling your hair.

You're speechless. Luckily though Annie opens your present and starts gushing about how cool it is: A carefully designed, handmade case for her dagger.

"You did this on your own?"

"Don't underestimate me, I worked hard on it!"

"I'm proud of you," She ruffles your hair, pulling you in for a hug, "you really are my sister."

"Am I your favorite?" You tease.

"Maybe you are, but don't tell anyone" She chuckles, stealing a bite of your food.

"Hey!" You huff, "well now you're not my favorite sister"

"That's a lie"

"Okay it is, but don't steal my food"

"Fair enough," She shrugs, "now... Grinch, or Home alone?"

"Home alone!"

"Okay," Annie stands up and walks towards the tv to turn it on and putting the (suspiciously looking) new DVD on the video player.