At the Museum (Platonic Chase family ღ | ✨)

I am back for NOW I still have braincells which will be consumed SOON by my blorbo's. I changed the request slightly, so although the reader is from Camp Half-Blood, their godly parent is not specified! Closely based on a thing written by Riordan

Gods my thesis is killing me

Pairing: FAMILY! platonic! Magnus Chase and Annabeth Chase x FAMILY PLATONIC GN!reader Chase

Request: could you do something where reader, annabeth, and magnus are cousins and readers a daughter of apollo or hecate. like her/their parent was natalie's twin. this has been in my mind forever and i thought i would share it.

Word count: ~1.8k

Warnings: same amount of death jokes as the Magnus Chase books

-Asja

You only ever had vague memories of your time with your family. Laughter, sand in your face, perhaps it was at a beach, maybe it was a sandpit. It didn't matter anymore, for although those memories once were the only thing you had left of spending time with your family it no longer was. After Magnus 'disappeared' (read; ran away and died and then came back to life) you finally managed to stay connected with your cousin.

You see, although your parents always wrote the lack of connection to Magnus and his mom off as 'religious differences', but that didn't mean it had to stay that way.

This weekend, Annabeth invited you and Magnus to come to New York for a visit. You had been staying at camp after summer, however with the newly revived and resurfaced cousin Magnus being able to come over you did not hesitate. Annabeth noticed that there was an exhibit at the Discovery Center in Times Square called The Vikings and decided it would be perfect to meet at. You know, given that Magnus apparently was the son of a Norse god, and neither you or Annabeth were too well versed in that pantheon.

"You bring me to New York and show me Vikings?" Magnus sighed, "I've got enough of those in Boston." "Look I think it's important to understand your world Magnus," Annabeth smiled, "and I promise to take you to Mamoun's Falafel and Shawarma afterwards," "It's a lot less boring than the Greek architecture exhibit," You commented. Annabeth punched your arm softly. "I will just ask Percy next time (Y/n), no more bonding time for us." She joked and you gasped. "Betrayal!" You exclaimed, and you noticed Magnus smiling. After a moment of hesitation, you spoke up again, "It sucks, you know, that we just," you looked at your cousins sadly, "That we never got to be a family together. No holidays, or meetings. I barely even knew what you would look like Magnus!"

"But we can catch up now," Annabeth softly grabbed your hand and squeezed it, "right some wrongs or something." Magnus nodded. "I literally have all the time of the world now," he shrugged, "most of the time anyways. We'll be a family from now on, help each other and stuff." "Yeah, that's nice," you sighed, "I'm glad."

"Well, let's get the exhibition over so I can get some falafel."

───────────

One of the first things you saw was a full-sized reconstruction of a Viking River boat. The most impressive part? Someone made it with historical tools, meaning no saws and no machines. Magnus commented on how, if the boat would have been more portable, he could've taken it with him on his quest to stop Ragnarök. Sadly, unlike the one he got, which folds into a handkerchief, this one he could not carry around.

"Huh, life must have been pretty hard for Vikings back in the day then," you joked, eliciting laughter from both your cousins. It was then that Magnus gasped.

"The Hammer of Thor! I found it! That was legit the easiest quest ever." He pointed at a display case, "You know, this is the second time I found it." You quietly laughed as Annabeth go a mischievous smile on her face. "This is just a silver replica," she pointed out and Magnus sighed, "The Norse wore these all the time, kind of how Christians wore crosses." "Dammit!" Magnus exclaimed. The security glared at him, and he looked apologetically at them, "sorry."