State of Love and Trust

Chapter 3

Four weeks later

The sun was setting over the horizon and the cool Miami breeze danced through the air. The sky was a beautiful orange and pink color. Bridget walked a man, wearing handcuffs, into the police department.

"I didn't mean to kill her she just just made me!" The man pleaded.

"Yeah yeah yeah," Bridget said not caring a bit.

"Will you take him to booking?" Bridget asked an officer standing by the door.

"Sure ma'am,"

Horatio walked over to Bridget, glasses in hand.

"Nice work," Horatio praised.

"Can you believe it, he confessed to everything on the ride here." Bridget was a little surprised herself.

"Two letters for you Ms. Smith." The woman that sets at the front desk told Bridget.

"Thank you," Bridget said and took the letters from the officers hand. Bridget opened the first letter.

"Aww," She smiled as she took out two cards from the first envelope.

The first card was hand made and had a colorful drawing on the front of a cop car, a small badge and the word "Happy Birthday in rainbow colors at the top. The drawing was very well done for a five year old. On the inside of the card child's hand writing wrote:

Happy birth day Bridget

From Tommy,

The second card had a grown-ups hand writing. It had a picture of a police badge, that took up most of the room, on the front page. When she opened it police sirens played happy birthday.

Happy birthday Brig,

PS this was really hard to find.

Capulet and the team,

She laughed and placed the cards back in the envelop. "Friends?" Horatio asked as they walked to the elevator.

"Yeah my partner and his youngest son wishing me happy birthday." She said, still laughing a little. They walked into the elevator and road up to the crime lad. The metal elevator doors slid opened.

"Happy birthday, Bridget!" Was yelled in unison by the whole team.

Bridget was shocked at first but soon responded, "Aw thanks you guys!" Bridget, sweetly, thanked them.

"Happy birthday," Horatio said with a grin.

"You better get your party clothes on, 'cause we're going to the club!" Natalia announced. Bridget smiled brightly at the caring team that she has only known for four weeks.

Club 10:00pm

Colorful lights flashed everywhere and the smell of alcohol lingered through out the club. Loud music played from large speakers all around the club. Inside the club the team sat at a round black table. "What can I get you all?" A waitress in a short skirt and tank top asked the team. They all told her what alcoholic drink they wanted.

"A club soda is fine." Horatio ordered last.

"Auh come on H just one drink. A real drink." Eric encouraged.

"Yeah uncle H, just one." Bridget agreed.

"Come on Horatio let loss." Frank piped in. Soon the whole team was telling him pretty much the same thing, which was to get some alcohol.

"A club soda is fine." Horatio repeated to the waitress. She nodded and walked off.

After the whole team, except Horatio, got a few drinks in them they headed to the dance floor. "Hey Bridget," Ryan yelled over the loud music as he made his way through the crowed to Bridget.

"Hey," She cheerfully responded.

"You liking your party?" Ryan asked getting closer to her.

"Yeah its great!" She yelled over the loud music.

"You want to dance?" Ryan asked.

"Umm not really a dancer, I just move my head." She admitted and smiled.

"You can't be that bad." Ryan said supportively. Bridget thought it over. What do I got to loss? She thought to herself.

"Okay," Bridget said and shrugged her shoulders. The two started dancing to the fast pace music, Bridget keeping a destine from Ryan only from instinct. Unexpectedly the music cut off the smooth voice of the DJ came over the speakers.

"Okay 'yall time for the slow dance of the night." After the announcement a slow calming song started playing.

"Still want to dance?" Bridget asked. Ryan bowed, held out his hand and asked, "Well you have this dance with me?" in a British-like accent.

"Of course Sir Wolfie," Bridget said in the same accent and took Ryan's hand. They danced close together, not missing a step. They were as in sync as a heart beat. The two gazed into eachothers eyes. They leaned in closer and closer until their lips met in the middle. They were froze like that for almost a minute. Bridget wasn't sure what to do, all she knew was that it felt right. Sadly the song ended and, at the same time, so did their kiss. They stared at each other still not moving. They let go of each other as Natalia walked over.

"Hey, we've been looking for you guys!" Natalia yelled. That caused the two to brake their gaze and look to her.

Horatio's House 1:05am

Bridget and Horatio walked into the house and Bridget walked strait to her room.

"Good night Horatio." She yawned.

"Good night," Horatio replied and walked in his room. When Bridget got in the guest room she slid off her jacket and out fell an unopened envelop. Oh yeah, forgot that one. She thought. She opened the letter and shock crossed her face.

Hello Bridget. You may have lost me but I can still find you.

Happy birthday.

Love, You know who.

She knew that this was serious but something in her mind told her to ignore the gut feeling she was having and focused on something else. She shrugged it off and decided not to freak out over it. Inside she new she should say something to someone, but her "I'm a loner, I can fix it all on my own" attitude prevented her from that. Bridget folded the letter up and put it in the nightstands drawer then walked to the bathroom to get ready for bed.

The rest of the night she lied in bed and thought about the kiss. She wandered how she felt about the funny, smart, OCD man she had kissed. She also thought about kissing him again.