Hail Hail

Chapter 13

How much worse could this all get? How could Jake have such a seemingly perfect plan? There's no such thing as a perfect plan tho, or is there? Could he get away with this? No never, he couldn't, could he? These questions flowed through Calleighs mind as she stared at the tipped over box of ammunition.

"Calleigh? Hey Calleigh? What wrong?" Eric asked and slightly shook her shoulder.

"Jake has smart bullets." Calleigh paused and looked over to Eric, seeing he was confused she began to explain.

After she explained everything to Eric he shared the same expression as she had just had.

"So he can shoot near a target and as long as he puts in the location it will hit the target. Without even aiming." Eric recapped.

"Yep, it can even turn corners as long as its not to close." Calleigh added. Eric shook his head in disbelief. We need to call H." Eric stated

Hospital, room 672A, Kayla's room 12:05pm

Horatio stepped into Kayla's hospital room with Ryan close behind.

"Kayla Mitchell?" Horatio asked as he walked toward her.

"It's not Mitchell!" She said with resent in her voice.

Horatio looked at her curiously.

"Then what is your last name?" Horatio asked.

"Wright." Kayla simple stated and grins. Horatio decides he needed to take a different approach now.

"Your ID says differently." Ryan chimed in.

"It's not official yet, but it will be Wright. Me and Jake are going to get married. He loves me." She said with a beaming smile.

"You really think that." Ryan asked, letting out a loud huff. Kayla squinted her eyes curiously.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She was a little angry now.

"What it means is that Jake isn't who you think he is." Ryan mocked. He was angry with her for not understanding he kind if person he was. It didn't make since to him, how she could "love" such a sick and twisted killer.

"I know exactly who he is! He's the man I love! And he loves me!" She yelled. Kayla was now very angry and she didn't want to even look at Ryan.

"The man you 'love' kidnaps and kills innocent women." Ryan stated, trying not to scream at her.

"I know he does that." She said as if it was nothing. Horatio decided that he should step in before Ryan does something stupid. "How do you know?" Horatio asked, calmly.

"Who do you think helps him?" Kayla asked as if it was obvious.

Ryans mind drifts off as his head starts pounding and his bullet wound gets increasingly more painful by the second- is it the stress? He wonders. He shook it off and re-focuses on Kayla.

"Did you think he's going to come back for you?" Ryan asked.

"I don't think he will, I know he will. And if you think he won't your just plan out stupid." She corrected. Okay, this girl really needs a reality check.

"You really think that?" Ryan laughed a little. She nodded with a smug smile.

"Why? Do you think different?" Kayla asked, not really caring what he had to say.