Hurt

Chapter 11

The three looked at Calleigh, not yet understanding. "The gun us a prototype." Calleigh announced. She tried to keep her voice positive, which under normal circumstances wasn't hard. "Then how could Jake get it?" Natalia asked. "I was wondering that to. See, I have a friend that works at a gun shop and when he has a prototype that needs testing he'll let me take it and test it out." Calleigh explained. "So you think he knows someone at the gun store?" Ryan asked, switching his footing. Ryan was extremely dizzy and in a lot of pain, but he was trying to hide it as well as he could. "Or he may work there." Natalia offered. "That's what I thought. I also remembered that Jake has a record, so I cross referenced his photo with gun shop employee photos." Calleigh was excited about her findings. "And?" Ryan eagerly asked. "And, there was a match to a Richard Smith. He works at a place called Mike's Gun Shop." Calleigh told Natalia, Horatio, and Ryan.

Unknown Location

Bridget was dazed and confused as she awoke in a small dark area. She was feeling terrible and very weak. She tried to set up but only accomplished banging her already aching head on something. She groaned in pain and rubbed her head. Suddenly the loud sound of car horns and the rumbling of tires hit her. She took her cellphone out of her pocket. The light illuminated the trunk of the car. Full bars! Bridget never thought she could be so happy at the sight of full bars on her phone. First things first. Location. She thought. Bridget found a taillight and positioned herself. With all the will power and strength she could muster up, she kicked out the taillight with one swiftly executed kick. Light from the hole, that did contain the taillight, shined on Bridget's pale face and black hair. She inhaled the fresh air as the sun warmed he face. This might be the last time she ever feels the breeze or salt air, or any kind of fresh air for that matter. She shook off the thought and peered out the opening.

All that she could see was the road and cars zooming by. Bridget got out her cellphone and scrolled down to Ryan's number. Oh how she longed to see his face just one more time. One last hug. One last touch. One last "I love you". One last kiss. The thought of it made her ache inside. Is that how Jake thinks he feels about her? Does he think she's the love of his life? She shivered at the thought and pressed the call button.

"Wolfe," Ryan answered. A happy feeling that gave Bridget hope ran through her when Ryan spoke. "I really needed to hear your voice." Bridget admitted in a raspy tone. The anesthetic had again completely dried her mouth and caused her throat to become soar. "Are you okay baby?" Ryan asked, concerned. Bridget wasn't about to tell him the truth, so she switched the subject and only partly answered the question. "I'll live," she actually wasn't to sure about that either. "I'm in the trunk of Jake's car. There was another girl with me but I don't know where she is now." Bridget was weak, her voice was faint, and she was aching all over. "R-Ryan I don't think I'm okay." She finally admitted in barely a whisper. "You just have to hang on a little longer. We're tracing your cell' right now." Ryan was trying to keep his cool, for Bridget's sake, but on the inside he wanted to break down. It was silent for a second. "Don't stop talking, please." Bridget tried speaking up. "I'm right her baby. Everything's going to be okay. Okay?" Ryan was on the verge of tears, hearing his girlfriend like this was more painful then he ever thought possible. "Uhu," her eyes were getting heavy. The force of a hard stop caused Bridget to breath in sharply, hurting her throat even more. She moaned in pain. "What going on?" Ryan asked. "We stopped." She whispered. The sound of footsteps came around to the trunk. Bridget slipped her phone in her pocket, not hanging up. The truck popped open, a shadowy figure of a man blocked the sun. "Get up." Jake ordered. Even if Bridget had the strength she wouldn't have done what he said. "I said get up." Jake gritted his teeth and pulled her up by her hair. All she could do was whimper in pain. Jake lifted her out of the trunk and steadied her. "Don't you dare say a word or I'll hunt that boy-toy of yours, Ryan Wolfe, down on put a bullet in his skull this time." Jake threatened. Bridget probably couldn't talk loud enough anyway. Bridget thought about how mad Ryan must be after hearing that.