Twisted Transistor

Chapter 6

After Bridget had explained everything to Horatio, the men decided to put police protection on her. She strongly objected, but her way wasn't really an option.

Jakes House

Jake paced around his house, thinking, and plotting of how and when to strike again. He stopped dead in his tracks. "Tonight," He sinisterly whispered. The other thing he was sure of was how. He always figured out the schedule of his victims, he always had a plan, but this time his temper was up and his judgment was clouded.

Horatio's house aka safe house 10:00pm

Bursts of thunder shook the house while flashes of lightning illuminated the rooms of the house. Bridget and Walter sat in the floor on opposite sides of the coffee table, as they played low stacks poker.

"Your bluffing....I'm all in." Bridget told Walter and slid all of her animal crackers and Oreos into the center of the table.

"Sorry but, straight flush." Walter said and slammed his cards on the table victoriously.

Bridget looked at her cards and grinned. "Royal flush," she said and slammed her cards down in the same manner. Walter mumbled fractions of words.

"Rematch!" He demanded.

Bridget just laughed at his competitiveness and handed him the cards. Before Walter could shuffle the cards someone knocked on the door. Walter pulled out his gun and looked out the window beside the door. Ryan was standing in the rain with his black jacket stretched over his head.

"Walter, it's Ryan! Let me in!" He yelled over the poring rain.

Walter snickered and walked over to the door, very slowly. Bridget smiled at him and approved the teasing. He opened the door and let Ryan in.

"Took you long enough." Ryan said and shook his head like a wet dog.

"Thanks man." Walter said and wiped water off his face. "Next time I'm shuffling, Bridg." Walter told Bridget as he put on his jacket and flipped up his hood.

"Next time Walt." Bridget said as Walter walked out the door.

Thunder rumbled through the air and Ryan smiled.

"Perfect movie weather." He said as he picked up Bridget.

Bridget couldn't control her giggles and yelps as Ryan cradled her and carried her to the couch. Once Ryan sat her down on the couch he sat beside her and flipped on the TV.

After five minutes of pure channel flipping Bridget was thinking everything over about the day she met Jake.

"How stupid could I be? I mean I should have known." She accidentally said out loud. Ryan looked at here curiously.

"Bridget, none of this is your fault. You couldn't have known any of this would happen." Ryan assured her. "Then how come it all feels like my fault?" She asked.

"Because you have a conscience, unlike Jake." Ryan answered. Bridget smiled and cuddled up close to him. She was still convinced it was her fault, but decided to pretend she believed in what Ryan said.

After a few minutes, Bridget fell asleep in Ryan's arms. This was the first time in a long time, even before any of this, that Bridget had let her guard completely down and trusted in someone this much. Bridget's fears had completely washed away. She hadn't had this feeling of trust and comfort since she was a young girl.

About three hours later Bridget woke up and looked over to find that Ryan wasn't there. She turned to the back of the couch, now on her knees, facing the door. Not seeing him she turned her body to the right and looked at the kitchen doorway, seeing nothing she turned to the hallway. As she was turned to the hallway a hand was placed on her back. She jumped and quickly turned around to see Ryan with a bowl of popcorn in his hand. "Did I scare you?" Ryan asked and sat the popcorn in the middle of the coffee table. "No," Bridget denied."Sure." Ryan said, knowing her better. "Shut up and eat your popcorn." She told him and playfully through popcorn at his head.

"Oh now it's on." Ryan declared and grabbed a had full of popcorn.

That was just the beginning of the popcorn fight. Soon the two where having an all out popcorn war. The thought of danger and anger escaped from both their minds for that wonderful moment.

"I hope you know your the one cleaning this up." Bridget informed Ryan, even though she knew she would help, and threw the last piece of popcorn into his mouth.

"Where's H keep his broom?" Ryan asked as he got up from the couch.

"Umm...in the kitchen by the fridge." She told him and started to pick up some of the popcorn when he was out of sight.

In less than a minute, a loud thump came from the kitchen, partly covered by thunder and then another loud thud.

"You alright, Ryan?" Bridget yelled into the kitchen with a concerned look. Her fear rushed back into her when he didn't answer. She slowly got up, hoping he would soon answer. "Ryan?" Bridget said as she looked into the kitchen. Again, no answer.

Now she was wishing she had a gun in her hands. Lightning flashed and the lights flickered off and on a few times before going completely off. Bridget grabbed a flash light that Ryan had sat out just for this reason, but now the flashlight might have to double as a weapons.

The kitchen had pots and pans hanging from a pan hanger in the middle of the sealing and a island in the center of the kitchen. Her heart was as loud as a drum beat, her hands were wet with sweat. A loud crack of thunder shook the house. She was never this scared for someones safety this much in her life. Out of the corner of her eye she saw feet poking out from behind the counter.

"Ryan!" She yelled and ran over to his, barely conscious, body. A red liquid ran through his dark brown hair and into the floor.

"Run," He could barely even say that one word. She ignored what he told her.

"Where is he?" Bridget frantically asked Ryan as she held a dish towel, from the counter, to Ryan's head wound.

Ryan passed out before he could speak another word.

"Ryan! Ryan! Come on don't do this! Wake up! Please just wake up." She pleaded, her voice getting lower, as it did tears filled her eyes.

Before one could escape her eye a hand put a piece of cloth over her mouth and noise. She struggled but soon she passed out. Jake propped Bridget up agents the cabinet and turned to Ryan.

"Now what to do with you?" Jake said as he looked at Ryan's unconscious body and pointed a gun at Ryan's head. Ryan slowly awoke and reached for his gun that was just out of arms reach. Jake laughed at him and cocked his gun. Ryan grabbed his gun right on time. Two shots went off at the same time.