Love-Hate-Sex-Pain

Chapter 17

Three days later

Horatio's House

Bridget walked into the guest room that had been filled with her things for months. Horatio and Ryan stood at the door way as she walked into an almost empty room.

"We found all of your things. The lab just has to process them and-" Ryan began.

"I don't want them." Bridget stated, not looking in their direction. She just stared at the wall in front of her with tearing eyes. Jake had touched the clothes. She couldn't wear them. "I don't want any of it. I'll just buy new things." She still hasn't looked back at the men. She sucked in a lung full of air and slowly exhaled, calming herself. It hurt her ribs but she just ignored it the best she could.

When Jake had hit her it fractured two ribs. The hospital wanted her to stay longer but she couldn't take it in there. Just laying there was hurting her more then the ribs or her head.

Her fractured rids and concussion prevented her from flying so she had to stay in Miami for awhile longer. Bridget didn't mind it to much- more time with Ryan. But she missed her partner and Miami was full of bad memories. Bridget did have good ones here but nothing could cover the events that had taken place.

Ryan walked over to her and calmly placed a hand on her back. Bridget jumped. Memories suddenly flooded her mind. The feelings overwhelmed her. She felt love for Ryan, hate for Jake, and pain coursed her body the whole time. Bridget quickly whipped around into Ryan's arms and held him tightly. Horatio stood in the door way, silent. He hopped Jake was burning in hell at this very moment. Bridget looked up at Horatio. She could tell, even through his dark shades, that he felt pain for not protecting her. For not saving her sooner. For not finding her.

"I can't stay in this house. I'm sorry Horatio." She spoke quietly. "There's just to many bad memories. I just...just can't handle it right now." She said as she released Ryan from her hug.

"I understand." Was all he said.

"You can stay with me." Ryan suggested.

"I can't just intrude on-"

"It's perfectly fine. You can stay with me as long as you want." He smiled.

They both looked over to Horatio who had slipped of his sunglasses. He simply nodded. At that moment Bridget's cellphone rang. She pulled her phone out and saw her partners name and his picture in the background. It was a goofy picture of him holding his badge out attempting to look bad ass. He wasn't good at it when he tried.

"Can I have a moment?" Bridget asked. The men nodded and left the room as she answered her phone. "Hey Capulet!...Yeah I miss Chicago...I know. I'm going to be here a little longer then I thought."

Ryan's Apartment

Next Day

Ryan was the first to wake up that morning. He moved Bridget's arm from around his bare chest and slipped out of bed.

She had woken up screaming twice that night and he held her closely when she needed it.

He guest she would sleep in so he walked into his completely organized and clean kitchen to make some breakfast for himself and Bridget. He pulled out a carton of eggs, butter, bacon, and some bread. He cut out circles from the middle of the bread. Before doing any more he got out two frying pans and turned on the stove, heating two burners. He laid the bacon strips on the larger red pan and put lots of butter in the empty black pan. He put the two pieces of bread on the back pan and cracked an egg in the center of both. He turned the stove down so the eggies in a basket- as their called- would get done before the bacon. The other burner, that had the bacon pan was on high and the bacon was popping and sizzling as it cooked through and the grease melted and filled the bottom of the pan. He also put some coffee on for himself and possibly Bridget.

He flipped the bacon and turned his attention to the eggies. He broke the yoke and let it settle before flipping them.

"Smells good." Bridget yawned. The kitchen was filled with the wonderful aroma of fresh bacon and it had spread through the house.

"Good morning." Ryan smelled.

"What ya' makin'?" She asked, leaning on the countertop.

"The best breakfast you'll ever have." He said with a proud smile.

"Oh really now? I've had some pretty good breakfast." A smile grew on her face.

"I bet you it'll be the best you've had."

"Oh yeah? What do you wanna bet?"

"Humm...okay. If its the best you've had you tell me where you got those climbing skills of yours."

She figured she'd win so she might as well go along with it even tho she didn't want to tell him. "Alright."

Ryan rushed over to the cabinet and grabbed two plates. He put three strips of bacon on each plate then put an eggie in a basket in the middle of the plate. He turned on his heels, flipped off the stove and grabbed forks.

"How do I eat this?" Bridget asked.

"Your choice: hands or fork." He said holding out a silver fork.

She grabbed the fork and cut out a piece of it. Ryan eagerly smiled as she took a bit. She eyes filled with shock.

She couldn't lie to him. "Dammit." Ryan looked curious. "This is really good."

Ryan laughed and clapped his hands together. "Haha!"

"Umm after breakfast?" She asked.

"Right after I'm done!" Ryan was excited about his win. Bridget faked a smile and continued eating.

They talked about anything but what happened only two days ago.

"So." Ryan said as he cleaned off his plate in the sink.

"So?" Bridget played dumb.

"Where'd you get you monkey climbing skills?" He asked.

"I climbed trees in the park." She gave the simplest answer.

"Why?" Ryan was persistent.

"To get away." Another simple answer.

"From?"

Bridget sighed. "Do you want the WHOLE story?"

"If you want to tell me it."

She knew he would bug her about it so might as well get it over with, pulse she trusted him. She couldn't find a reason that didn't sound mean not to tell him.

"It's not a happy story." She warned. Ryan nodded understanding. She sighed again. "I wasn't the usual girl- worrying about my hair, makeup, boys. I wasn't able to have that growing up. And I didn't always 'follow the law'. My parents didn't help much either. I saw kids with their parents at the park all the time. They would play and laugh. I wished I was them."

"What did your parents do?" Ryan hesitated to ask.

"They were kinda just there. The only time they paid attention to me was um...uh." She hesitate to continue. "When they yelled at me or hit me. Up in the trees I wasn't in that situation anymore. I was free from all of it for just a little bit and it was perfect. One time I stayed in a tree for two nights. That's actually when I met Horatio." She smiled. He was an patrol officer then. He found me in the tree and brought me home. He didn't know it was bad there at the time so he meant well. After finding me in the trees a few more times we kinda bonded and he saw my bruises. It took him a year to get me out of my parents house. He made sure me and my younger sister stayed together." She stopped and looked up at Ryan.

He looked astonished. He came around the table and wrapped me in a hug. "I'm so sorry." He whispered.

Bridget stayed in Miami for a few more months before returning to Chicago. Her and Ryan agreed to Skype each other as much as possible and plan trips between Miami and Chicago. Bridget's nightmares became less and less of a problem and she was making great progress with her wound healing. Jakes body was never found but everyone was certain he was dead.

************************************************************************************************************

Hope you enjoined!!! Leave a vote/comment if you want a sequel.