Evil Angel

Chapter 15

With each passing minute Ryan became increasingly worried. It was getting dark and the chief of police wouldn't send out a search party unless they knew more on Bridgets location. That made Ryan madder then he already was. Everyone needed answers and Ryan hoped to get them from the only person they had that knew Jake Wright personally.

Horatio and Ryan walked into Kayla's hospital room. Horatio barred no emotion, holding back his feelings as usual. Ryan tried to keep a straight face but showed an angry expression. The only emotion he was good at hiding right now was pain, and he was holding in a lot of it at the moment. Kayla glared at the two men and tried to cross her arms, but was stopped by the cuff on her right wrist. Ryan huffed out a laughed. She responded with a girly huff and turned her head.

"What?" She hissed.

"We have a few questions for you." Horatio told her.

At that moment Ryan was geared and ready to go.

First they started with the bad choice of men she made, back tracking on her previous bad relationships.

"Sam, Mitchell, Brian,-" Ryan started listing off the names in the file he was holding, taking a pause in between each name, but was cut off.

"What are you talking about?" Kayla asked, shaking her head.

"The list goes on." Ryan told her. He stood by Horatio with his arms crossed. "And your only 22."

"What list? What is he talking about?" Kayla asked Horatio.

He stayed silent for now.

"Your past boyfriends." Ryan answered.

"How do you know them?" She hissed.

"Police reports."

Kayla looked confused, but inside she knew what he was talking about.

"Don't tell me you don't remember the domestic violence calls your neighbors made to your house." Ryan looked at her with his head slightly tilted. Kayla was silent as a tear ran down her face. She quickly wiped it away.

"What are you getting at?" She sounded more whiling to talk.

"Jakes no different from any of them." Horatio chimed in.

"Ye-yes he is! He's never laid a hand on me! Ever." She declared. But he did shot me. She thought.

"What about those women he killed?" Horatio asked her.

"He told me they desired it." She claimed.

"What did they do? What made them deserve to die?" Ryan questioned her with a sickened tone.

She was silent.

"Exactly. They did nothing. They where just normal people that where killed for looking like someone else."

Ryan felt better getting that out. He turned around, his hands on the back of his head, and placed his forehead on the wall. Kayla had a pitiful expression on her face. She felt terrible for what she had done. She also felt stupid for believing Jake.

"Bridget?" Kayla let out in barely a whisper.

Ryan snapped his head up and quickly walked to her bed side. "What did you say?" He asked with hope sparkling in his eyes.

"The woman. That was with me. She said her name was Bridget. She was really nice...She saved my life. She also said she was a cop." Kayla said and smiled, in memory of the kind person.